BMW Werkz banner

Best/Cheapest place to buy a head unit?

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  jllphan 
#1 ·
I'm looking for the best price on head units (average), anyone have a good website?

#6 ·
crutchfield is expensive man! i found the same head unit for 100 bucks less than them using mysimon!

#7 ·
I suggest finding the HU you want on crutchfeild and sounddomain, then going to yahoo shopping and putting the model number in there. It will show you the cheapest places that use yahoo as a biller.

#8 ·
i found my baby, pioneer :D only 200 bucks too with all the features I want.

Gonna have to buy one soon!

#9 ·
If you plan on purchasing a Pioneer, I suggest two things....

1. Consider what it will look like in a BMW. If you like the bling, go for it, Pioneer decks have plenty of that (good decks, just a little flashy for my blood).

2. Find the Premier version of the radio and buy it. For example, if you want the Pioneer DEH4600, buy the Premier DEHP460. This will double your warranty, automatically give you CD Changer Controls, and better electronics.

#11 ·
Originally posted by jllphan@May 14 2004, 10:47 PM
If you plan on purchasing a Pioneer, I suggest two things....

1. Consider what it will look like in a BMW. If you like the bling, go for it, Pioneer decks have plenty of that (good decks, just a little flashy for my blood).

2. Find the Premier version of the radio and buy it. For example, if you want the Pioneer DEH4600, buy the Premier DEHP460. This will double your warranty, automatically give you CD Changer Controls, and better electronics.
I'm looking for something slightly flashy, thats why i'm looking at teh DEH7600MP. Its shiny when its on, but darker when it's off. I like that idea.

I'll check the premier version, Its mostly a price decision right now, so i just need to find the adapter kit if any to install it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.