BMW Werkz banner

Where did the BMW friendliness go??

3K views 35 replies 25 participants last post by  Rich328 
#1 ·
I've see soooo many BMWs in the last couple days, about half of which have had people under the age of 30 in, but regardless I've given a nod or a wave with the hand at the top of the steering wheel, but no response back! WTF!?! Where did it go? It seems like it was just there last week! Any one else running in to this?

#3 ·
yeah dude, I feel ya, there are like just a few peeps around here who will give a bob or wave, but the others justlook at me like "why are you waving atm me?"

#6 ·
ill wave at you haha, no but about 50% the people here wave, others are just asses, like i asked this guy about this car a few days ago, (about 23) with a right hand drive m3 and he was an ass, little short answers, thinking hes to good for me, i mean i wouldnt think i was better than me if my mom and dad bought me a right hand drive m3

David

#7 ·
Yes, most people who drive BMW cars are pricks, they drive them for status and not for driving.

I could have easily spent the money on an e46 coupe and been happy, but i wanted an e36 coupe so i could make it the perfect driver's car.

I like to think that most on this forum shares my opinion, and if i ever see any of ya, I will certainly give you "the go ahead" :wink

#8 ·
yeah fo sho, I get some bimmer love around my town, but most bimmers are for status, and even the 40+ year old males going through their midlife crisis's still granny their car around on the cell phone with the shades on and golf clubs in the back, and dont give a shit about what they drive..they just see me and go "sucks for him..he doesnt have a 120k 760Li."

#11 ·
maybe there getting mixed signals, just act more excited, then you will look so stupid that they won't be able to help but laugh and wave

#14 ·
i get a nice wave every once in awhile.... i followed this E46 M3 once, and he pulled over to the side of the road and asked if we were stalking him, i just said no and i like your car.

My mom has a '02 Jetta, and every other VW owner waves at you and says hi. i like that, to bad alot more assholes drive BMWs

#15 ·
Whenever im driving around town, and i come in contact with another bimmer, we always wave and tip our hats to eachother. However, sometimes you see some really old fuckers (like 60-70) and they dont acknowledge, let alone wave at anyone.

However some old dude in a Z3 waved at me, which i gladly returned.

#16 ·
damn I guess everyone around here just has there heads up their asses... maybe I'll start jumping up and down inside of my car and wave my hands like a monkey at all the BMWs I see. Then I can have them point and laugh.... maybe that's all I need to do...

#17 ·
Originally posted by Sandor18@May 12 2004, 10:11 AM
Whenever im driving around town, and i come in contact with another bimmer, we always wave and tip our hats to eachother. However, sometimes you see some really old fuckers (like 60-70) and they dont acknowledge, let alone wave at anyone.

However some old dude in a Z3 waved at me, which i gladly returned.
they don't wave because they can't see.

#18 ·
Still tryin up north... still no positive responses :(
In fact the only time another BMW driver has ever acknowledged me was one time when this guy in a 318i rode my ass on an on ramp and then pulled a ricer fly by. :pissed2 It's ok though, I just floored my 328i and put him in his place.

#19 ·
nothing new, most BMW drivers ever show respect for each other. most drivers are business types with the car on company lease, who think they are too cool for school. however most of the younger guys always seem to give a nod or wave, and i have had quite a few e36 owners aproach me about something on my car (young and old)

#20 ·
I generally flash my lights at BMW's, they sometimes flash back, or at least give a nod or some gesture...

Still alive here in PA

#21 ·
Yeah they don't seem to return my waves either! :wave :nope ...of course I'm in my S4 :wtf ...actually I've found many M drivers who do and who I share compliments with...but not all... :nana

#23 ·
I had one good experience with BMW owners that actually care about other bimmer drivers. I was in my old '84 528e and pulled up beside another one and the guy smiled and we checked out each others car before I floored it and I assumed he did to but as I climbed to 4k rpms (redline 5k) moving about 5mph faster he got ahead and saw he had a 535i :nope My old car was slow as crap!

Otherwise all is see is old men in their new five series that don't care about other BMWs out there or wagon moms.

#24 ·
I saw a new 3 series with some rims on it.. I pulled up next to it to say nice car and he looked at me stupid and floored it. As I've said before no one's very friendly in New orleans. :screwy

#25 ·
Give me a thumbs up and I'll be glad to return it. Not all old men are uncool. I had a 320is for 13 years, so I've got a lot of experience driving bimmers. It's always been great to drive and I look forward to it as much as any of you youngsters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.