BMW Werkz banner

Does a 95 M3 engine fit into my 92 525i 5spd

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  CiscoKid 
#1 ·
:driving I have a 1992 525i m50 5spd and found a 1995 M3 parting out. I wanted to know if the engine tranny and diff would fit into my car, and is it fairly easy? also what else would I need ECU. exhaust manifold etc.. thank you sooo much!

#3 ·
Thank you for letting me know it fits :) I also need to know what I need, do I need the M3 transmission, or will my stock work, and can I use the 95 M3s differetial, when I install the new ECU will it plug-and-play so to speak, or do I need a whole new wiring setup. Lastly do I need the M3's exhaust manifold, or will my stock exhaust work (dinan muffler) thank you!

#4 ·
you would need the ecu, probably would plug right since they were made at almost the same time...3 year difference.

if you have a stick in the 525 and the m3 is a stick, it would be real easy to swap the tranny too... if one is stick and the other one auto, it would probably cost you to much time and money, and would be best to stick with whatever you got.

keep us updated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.