X5 sunroof removal - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 09:14 PM
nag
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nag is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
To make a long story short, I messed up and need to replace the headliner in my 04' X5. (note: always ask wife to wrap sharp corners of picture frame before trying to put in X5)

I am in the process of removing the old head liner but I'm stuck. If you put the sun roof back, there are small screws from the top that screw into the headliner. Its no problem removing the screws on the forward edge and one or two on each side BUT I cant get access to the screws on the back edge because the roof wont retract far enough.

I assume I need to remove the roof but I havent a clue how to do it. If someone could help out that would be great. Thanks bunch..

ps This is the small normal size sun roof.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
pull the rubber gaiters down on each side and then there should be 3 t25 torx bolts on each side which hold the glass in

DT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper