BMW Werkz banner

X5 Low Beam

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  zoomzoom 
#1 ·
X5 low beam comes on after ignition. please advice on how to clear the lights.
Thank you

#2 ·
Are you sure the lights are on and not the daytime running lights. If it is the default daytime running lights, then you will have to take it to a BMW service center and have the computer changed. If the true low beams are on, then check to see if your headlight switch is in the on position. Hope that helps. ZZ

#3 ·
Originally posted by Bolaji@Dec 8 2004, 10:32 AM
X5 low beam comes on after ignition. please advice on how to clear the lights.
Thank you
[snapback]245708[/snapback]​
I believe it is the daytime running light. I have the carsoft diagnostic software and I could not change the "ON" condition. Is there any other way I could do it? Could you explain further what you mean by changing the computer. Thank you

#5 ·
Ok....the light switch to the left of the steering-wheel.

When the knob is turned all the way to the left.....those are the when the lights automatically turn on according to the darkness...

One step to the right...and you have the headlights in the off position....the one with one line up and down.

To the right of the off position...you have the parking lights...the inside beams on...they are dim.

The dial...turned all the way to the right...those are when all the headlights are turned on.

If you have foglight capability....it is the # square to the right of the headlight dial. They turn on only when the dial is 1) all the way to the right. 2) in the parking mode. 3) all the way to the right.

I'm pretty sure this is right. I was just in 2 X5s today. a 3.0 and a 4.4.

#6 ·
Once you locate the light switch, left side of dash, it is kind on a no brainer to determine how to turn the lights on and off. However if your situation is the day time running lights are on, then I am not sure how you change them, other than taking the vehicle to a BMW service center. It takes all of 1 min for a tech to change whatever they change to eliminate the daytime lights. Hope this is helpful.
ZZ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.