X5 With Bluetooth - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 02:37 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
srknutson is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Anyone know what needs to happen when you bring your bluetooth phone into an X5 with this feature? To date I have brought the phone into the cabin of the X5 with both the phone and X5 running neither the phone or the car seem to recognize the bluetooth link.

Thanks,

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 06:21 PM
n00b

askotlen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by srknutson@Jan 3 2005, 03:37 PM
Anyone know what needs to happen when you bring your bluetooth phone into an X5 with this feature?* To date I have brought the phone into the cabin of the X5 with both the phone and X5 running neither the phone or the car seem to recognize the bluetooth link.

Thanks,

Steve
[snapback]263256[/snapback]
[FONT=Courier]
I have a 2005 X3 with bluetooth and v710 phone with Verizon and it doesn't work properly because apparently Verizon disabled some of the bluetooth capability on the phone. They are aware of it, Motorola is aware of it and BMW is aware of it. Apparently there is a firmware fix which MAY be available sometime in January. Check out Howardsforum and v710.org. Also someone down in Texas has a fix but you have to send your phone to them.
By the way, my car recognizes the phone but I can't use the buttons on the steering wheel to either make or receive a call. The fix if it ever arrives is supposed to solve this problem.
Hopes this is useful
#3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 04:45 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by askotlen+Jan 3 2005, 05:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(askotlen @ Jan 3 2005, 05:21 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-srknutson@Jan 3 2005, 03:37 PM
Anyone know what needs to happen when you bring your bluetooth phone into an X5 with this feature?* To date I have brought the phone into the cabin of the X5 with both the phone and X5 running neither the phone or the car seem to recognize the bluetooth link.

Thanks,

Steve
[FONT=Courier]
I have a 2005 X3 with bluetooth and v710 phone with Verizon and it doesn't work properly because apparently Verizon disabled some of the bluetooth capability on the phone. They are aware of it, Motorola is aware of it and BMW is aware of it. Apparently there is a firmware fix which MAY be available sometime in January. Check out Howardsforum and v710.org. Also someone down in Texas has a fix but you have to send your phone to them.
By the way, my car recognizes the phone but I can't use the buttons on the steering wheel to either make or receive a call. The fix if it ever arrives is supposed to solve this problem.
Hopes this is useful
[snapback]263432[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

I don't have that phone, but a PDA with phone and email/bluetooth cababitities. When I put the phone in the X5 nothing happens. I think the phone is supposed to be recognized by the X5 bluetooth? Or do I need to do something differnent. The owners manual does not give any instructions.
#4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 12:09 PM
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by srknutson+Jan 5 2005, 05:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(srknutson @ Jan 5 2005, 05:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by askotlen@Jan 3 2005, 05:21 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-srknutson
Quote:
@Jan 3 2005, 03:37 PM

Thanks,

Steve

[FONT=Courier]
Hopes this is useful
I don't have that phone, but a PDA with phone and email/bluetooth cababitities. When I put the phone in the X5 nothing happens. I think the phone is supposed to be recognized by the X5 bluetooth? Or do I need to do something differnent. The owners manual does not give any instructions.
[snapback]264970[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

You have to set up the phone to be recognized by the bluetooth in the car. The phone manuel had instructions on how to set up a bluetooth connection.
I got a bluetooth pin code on a card from BMW with the car. When I set up the phone using the pin code the car recognized the phone but it doesn't work as intended. I spoke to Motorola about it yesterday and they are working on a new firmware package which MAY be ready this month.
#5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 12:24 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by askotlen+Jan 6 2005, 11:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(askotlen @ Jan 6 2005, 11:09 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by srknutson@Jan 5 2005, 05:45 PM
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-srknutson
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,

Steve

[FONT=Courier]
Hopes this is useful

You have to set up the phone to be recognized by the bluetooth in the car. The phone manuel had instructions on how to set up a bluetooth connection.
I got a bluetooth pin code on a card from BMW with the car. When I set up the phone using the pin code the car recognized the phone but it doesn't work as intended. I spoke to Motorola about it yesterday and they are working on a new firmware package which MAY be ready this month.
[snapback]265505[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

I have the card that came with the X5 as well. I set the phone up to recognize any new bluetooth network, but I did not see a field to put the code. I will look again. There are three different codes however so it may take some time to fignure out which one will work. I thought the phone would recognize the X5 bluetooth and you would then be prompted to provide the code to make the connection? Maybe that's to intuitive, for this particular solution. I think I will call the dealer this week and have them walk me through the process. And if they can't I will have them do the needed research to provide me an answer. I will post when I have some answers. Thanks,

Steve
#6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 11:16 AM
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by srknutson+Jan 9 2005, 01:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(srknutson @ Jan 9 2005, 01:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by askotlen@Jan 6 2005, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-srknutson
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,

Steve

[FONT=Courier]
Hopes this is useful

I have the card that came with the X5 as well. I set the phone up to recognize any new bluetooth network, but I did not see a field to put the code. I will look again. There are three different codes however so it may take some time to fignure out which one will work. I thought the phone would recognize the X5 bluetooth and you would then be prompted to provide the code to make the connection? Maybe that's to intuitive, for this particular solution. I think I will call the dealer this week and have them walk me through the process. And if they can't I will have them do the needed research to provide me an answer. I will post when I have some answers. Thanks,

Steve
[snapback]267385[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

Which phone do you have. If it is a motorola v710 from Verizon it"s not going to work correctly. I don't have the card with me but if I remember on the card its the P/K ? number which I think stands for pin code
ASK
#7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 12:15 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by askotlen+Jan 10 2005, 10:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(askotlen @ Jan 10 2005, 10:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by srknutson@Jan 9 2005, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-srknutson
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,

Steve

[FONT=Courier]
Hopes this is useful

Steve
Which phone do you have. If it is a motorola v710 from Verizon it"s not going to work correctly. I don't have the card with me but if I remember on the card its the P/K ? number which I think stands for pin code
ASK
[snapback]268084[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

Well I made progress with my PDA/Email/cell last night. The phone recognized the BT network created a shortcut, but would not connect a handsfree partnership after I put the P/K in. Is this where your phone had problems? Is there a list of devices that will work with the BMW bluetooth network?
#8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 11:45 AM
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by srknutson+Jan 11 2005, 01:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(srknutson @ Jan 11 2005, 01:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by askotlen@Jan 10 2005, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-srknutson
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,

Steve

[FONT=Courier]
Hopes this is useful

Steve

ASK

Well I made progress with my PDA/Email/cell last night. The phone recognized the BT network created a shortcut, but would not connect a handsfree partnership after I put the P/K in. Is this where your phone had problems? Is there a list of devices that will work with the BMW bluetooth network?
[snapback]268885[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

Yes this is where I had the problem. Verizon has not released the software update yet. I don't have firm information but I believe that the new software for the V710 phone will correct the problem with the bluetooth in the car not working correctly with the phone
#9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 12:48 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by askotlen+Jan 12 2005, 10:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(askotlen @ Jan 12 2005, 10:45 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by srknutson@Jan 11 2005, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by askotlen@Jan 10 2005, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-srknutson
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,

Steve

[FONT=Courier]
Hopes this is useful

Steve

ASK

[snapback]268885[/snapback]
Yes this is where I had the problem. Verizon has not released the software update yet. I don't have firm information but I believe that the new software for the V710 phone will correct the problem with the bluetooth in the car not working correctly with the phone
[snapback]269789[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

Let me know when you get the update, it may fix my problem as well. I will do some research to and find out if there is a list of phones that BMW has identified to work with the current system.
#10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 10:16 PM
n00b

Isobar is an unknown quantity at this point
I just picked up a 2005 X5 with BT. The X5 will only be in Discovery Mode for two minuts after you start the X5. You have to tell your phone to look for the X5 in that to minute for Pairing. After your phone finded the X5 is will ask if you want pair with the car. Then it will ask for a Pass code. This is on the card that come with the X5. Enter it and your all set. I use a Moto V3 Razr. After I paired for the first time, it downloaded my phone numbers to the X5. Very cool!

Hope this helps.
#11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 11:32 PM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
"Well I made progress with my PDA/Email/cell last night. The phone recognized the BT network created a shortcut, but would not connect a handsfree partnership after I put the P/K in. Is this where your phone had problems? Is there a list of devices that will work with the BMW bluetooth network?"

Here is the curent list of BMW "approved" bluetooth devices. There may be others which will work but these are the ones that BMW has confirmed to work and has authorized.

Motorola v600 (Discontinued) - ATT, Cingular and t mobile
Sony Ericsson T608 - Sprint
Sony Ericsson T637 - ATT and Cingular
Sony Ericsson T616/610 (discontinued) ATT t mobile and cingular
Sony Ericsson T68/T68i (discontinued) ATT Cingular T mobile
Siemens S55/56 (discontinued) ATT and Cingular
Nokia 6310i (discontinued) ATT
Motorola v3 Razor - Cingular
Motorola v551 v535 - Cingular and T mobile
Motorola v505 - ATT and Cingular
Siemens s66 - Cingular

DT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper