X3 and Blackberry Bluetooth - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 12:11 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
David Fothergill is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
X3 and Blackberry Bluetooth

Last week I bought the Blackberry 7100t....Great!

This week I bought a new BMW X3....Great|!

Problem is the bluetooth link between them allows me pair the devices and to make calls but doesn't allow me to see my address list, call list or sim card list on the BMW screen.

The BMW bluetooth is classed as E38 (whatever that means?).

I have even thought about a duplicate sim card and buy a second phone but you can't get duplicate sims in th UK (unless someone knows better). The only other alternative is to divert my BB to another phone which is compatable but from the amount of calls I get \and make in the car thats going to be hugely expensive.

Any more thoughts anyone? Is there a download for the BB? etc etc

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
I dont exactly know what bluetooth being classed as e38 means, but I can tell you that every BMW chasis is given a code name when it is a protype all the way through production. For example the current new3 series is labeled e90, the current 5 series is e60. The e38 is the previous generation 7 series, from 1997-2002 I believe. Id ont know if the E38 on your bluetooth classification means the chasis or not, but that is the extent of my knowledge ont he subject.

Maybe the bluetooth means it is supposed to work in that previous generation 7 series. I think you may need to contact BMW over this specifically.

Good Luck!

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#3 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 08:40 PM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
The smartphones such as the Blackberry and the Treo will pair with the BMW bluetooth systems but as you said the address book will not upload. This is normal and there is no download or fix for this at this time (that I'm aware of) Only phones which are on the list of "approved phones" on the bmwusa.com website are guaranteed to work with full compatibility.

DT

DT

#4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Tex
n00b

Tex is on a distinguished road
There are two versions of Bluetooth, 1.1 and 1.2, might have something to do with it, 1.2 is needed to link with bluetooth headsets that have caller ID, might be same type of deal here, but I've been trying to figure out what version my phone has for months and nobody can tell me. I assume all bluetooth is 1.2 now as the standard was introduced like over a year ago. Just a tid-bit of gadget info.
#5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 12:45 AM
5th Gear Member

325isBaby is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 325isBaby
Dirty Tool is correct....(even though the Blackberry will not pair at all with the E90 thus far) it is a software issue between the BMW and the Phone...unfortunatly there is no fix for the compatiblility issues.

http://www.myspace.com/330xigirl
Come see me at MySpace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper