Where Is My Xm Radio!!! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 01:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Z4B-Mer is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I would just like to kno if anywone knows anythig about getting satillite radio hooked up to you car. When i bought my Z4 back in may04 the dealer promised me i could get this option put on but they were still underdevelopement
meaning that it really hasn't had a final stage, the idea is moe in BETA ttesting. Well that was back in may of 04 and now its mid Oct and still not a word about it. I call and i call and BMW tells me that the radio or antenna olacement is still being tested. Im getting ged up and aggry at BMW for he sold he a Z4 that was suppose to have it in less then a month and now, several months later, i still have heard no word.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 10:04 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Stork17 is an unknown quantity at this point
As a new Z4 owner, I am surprised and frustrated as well about the lack of satellite radio functionality. Our dealer was less-than-knowledgeable on the satellite radio topic, so we had to search on our own for alternatives.

Here's a link I saw recently on roadfly about self-installing satellite radio on a Z4 through the factory head unit:

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e85/5803012-1.html

Hope this helps...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper