V12 Engine Mods - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2005, 03:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Denv12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi everyone.

I would like to ask for advice/suggestions on modifying the V12 5.0 litre engine.
What sensible modifications are ideal,like exhaust system,intake manifolds,porting the cylinder heads and any other modifications? What mods have you done to your engine.Not for drag racing just for driving. Is their a factory manual for these cars? Any advice and suggestions are welcome.thank you.
Denv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2005, 01:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
DBA-ONE is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think there is much of an aftermarket/following for this particular engine. If you look at prices for a 740 vs. and 750 or an 840 vs 850 the V8 is always worth more. The complexity scares people off. I've seen a good number of 750s with very high miles that still run great but often the cost of something exceeds the value of the entire car.

I love BMW's v12 cars too. I'd love to have one but I don't think you are going to find anything other than some one off car that may have motor tweak from some shop really. Other than thay you could look in to what M did for the 850CSi. I think that car has larger displacement and about 100 more HP. Another option is to look in to Alpina versions though I don't think they did much to the cars besides appearance and handleing tweaks.
DBA-ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Lenbo850CSi is an unknown quantity at this point
There are lots of upgrade options available for the 5.0L v-12 that are relatively affordable.

Check out BMWe31.com. There is not much specifics there, but if you contact the owner of the board he can discuss his upgrades (there are many, and all worth while). Most people don't realize how much BMW left on the performance table with the M70.

I have the 5.6 S70, for which there are not many upgrades available, so I'm not the best person to get into specifics with for your engine.

But, always remember the racing adage:

Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?

Quote:
Originally posted by Denv12@Mar 3 2005, 01:36 AM
Hi everyone.

I would like to ask for advice/suggestions on modifying the V12 5.0 litre engine.
What sensible modifications are ideal,like exhaust system,intake manifolds,porting the cylinder heads and any other modifications? What mods have you done to your engine.Not for drag racing just for driving. Is their a factory manual for these cars? Any advice and suggestions are welcome.thank you.
[snapback]303077[/snapback]
Lenbo850CSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper