ur honest opinion - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:17 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
honda0071 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
ur honest opinion

well i8m almost to the point of buyin newer car. its down to a new 135i, 128i, e46 330ci or e46 m3... out of those cars wat would be the best daily driver but give the most grin when u step out the car... i am a drivers man all i usually do is drive and ride motorcycles so driving experience is everything to me... give me ur honest opinion on wat car u like better and why... and is it worth the basically 10,000 for the 135i compared to 128i or the even cheaper e46 m3?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:23 PM
1st Gear Member

84bmw318i is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 84bmw318i
me personally would go for the m3 just for the fact that it's an m3 and they're fast as hell

#3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:25 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
true but the new refineness of the 135i.... its impeccable.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:26 PM
4th Gear Member

PrInG has a spectacular aura about PrInG has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to PrInG
I'm not sure but the 135 might be worth a glance possibly over the e46 M ... They are probably a little better gas and they also shit and git.. Plus the fact that they are boosted makes things a little more interesting.. However.. an M is an M. good luck with the decision.

TO HONOR: Get Honor Stay Honor if You Can't Come in Her Come Honor.

"its not banana yellow but its not golden its just that perfect creamy german goodness"

- Bow
#5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:36 PM
n00b

triger0 is on a distinguished road
Well I went from a Dodge truck to a 318I e36. I love were In my truck going round a curve at 30 tires spin then in my BMW I'm up to 100 same curve no spin and it gives me full control over my wheel. so I do say BMW is the way to go. but a word to the wise make sure you check car for blown head gaskets and read all threds that contain to your car to make sure you know what you are getting in to. And BTW welcome.
#6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:42 PM
1st Gear Member

84bmw318i is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 84bmw318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrInG View Post
I'm not sure but the 135 might be worth a glance possibly over the e46 M ... They are probably a little better gas and they also shit and git.. Plus the fact that they are boosted makes things a little more interesting.. However.. an M is an M. good luck with the decision.
A 135 would be a pretty sick car to drive. a real head turner, plus the likelihood of you seeing another one while your out driving is slim...but like you said an M is an M i guess it's really just boils down to personal preference

#7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:51 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
The 128i tested so well in Car and Driver that I think it would be my choice. But then, I'm not a big fan of turbos or any FI.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:07 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
this is all true i started out with japanese imports... my first car was 90 rx7 n/a then i went to 1990 rx7 turbo and it was super fun and pretty quick. But ya i cant decide... i dunno they are all superb cars. i cant decide between the bimmers hard choice i want the 135i but they are pricey for wat i want with it like 50,000 out the door is quite a lot..

Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark View Post
The 128i tested so well in Car and Driver that I think it would be my choice. But then, I'm not a big fan of turbos or any FI.
#9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 10:51 AM
4th Gear Member

Good thing you came to the Dark side.. those JDM cars are.... well they aren't BMWs = ) glad you made it here . Once again it's personal pref. but if your gonna spend 35 on a Legitimate E46 I know you can find them for as low as 25. But if you got a 135... It is underated from the factory.. A real sleeper if you ask me. I was just in teh Dealer the other day I think the price on the one in the show room was 47000.. I was pretty suprised by that considering the M was 70 something almost 80.. I'd say the 135 is the way to go.. And if you looking for a little better fuel mileage go for the 128. If you want to say ... I HAVE AN M.. which is very convincing.. get the 46= ) good luck

"its not banana yellow but its not golden its just that perfect creamy german goodness"

- Bow
#10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 12:57 PM
teh Canuck....eh

PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
135i, or the M3 if you have the cash...but if you hold out, I'm sure BMW will be bringing out some kind of an "M" version of the 135i that would be more fun than you could imagine. Anyone know if the 135Tii is still being considered?

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Sir Winston Churchill
#11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 01:38 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
I say 135 with the sport package. It'll be faster than the E46 M, and if what you're after is smiles, that's the car for you. Warranty will cover the difference in cost between the 135 and the E46 M.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 04:34 PM
4th Gear Member

Who knows what bmw will do for an M 1-series.. They are already sick fast. Probably somthing that will give you a chubby every time you sit in it ..

- Bow
#13 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 11:18 AM
teh Canuck....eh

PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrInG View Post
Who knows what bmw will do for an M 1-series.. They are already sick fast. Probably somthing that will give you a chubby every time you sit in it ..
Dude, I get a chubby ever time I sit in my 1986 e30, just imagine what some sort of M package on a 1 would do to me!

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Sir Winston Churchill
#14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 11:33 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
I HIGHLY doubt there will be an M1. Just saying.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 12:35 PM
W00T

Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i

hands down.
E46...as much as i like the looks....its a bitch to take care of...and mine isnt even an M.
135 is newer, and has warranty in case they have issues.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper