Undecided, Please Help - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
luxurynspeed is on a distinguished road
Undecided, Please Help

Hi,
I want to buy a high end luxury sedan and I have narrowed my choices down to the 2005 BMW 745Li and 2005 Mercedes Benz S-class. I need help in deciding which car is a better choice, so can anyone help me narrow my choice down to 2 cars?
I just want the year 2005 in each car, so please give me your opinions.
-BTW, I am moreover to the 7 series rather than the S class but Im having second thoughts...

Thanks, any help is appriciated!
luxurynspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
teh Canuck....eh

Car: '86 E30, baby! '05 Legacy 2.5GT Ltd
Photos:
PhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
Gotta' tell ya'...don't know how many in here would try to sway you the direction of the MB...
All I have to say is
Bimmer
Bimmer
Bimmer
Bimmer
Bimmer
Bimmer
Bimmer
Bimmer
Bimmer
Bimmer
Bimmer
Bimmer

...you get the idea
Best of luck to you though, either one you pick. You'll have tons of fun in which ever one you choose.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 2001 740i Titanium Silver
Photos:
crewdog_843 is an unknown quantity at this point
I personally prefer the BMW although I think Mercedes is more advanced in the design department with a plethora of models to choose from.

I have been driving BMWs for years, and know folks who drive MB....but all say that the switchology and gadgets in the BMW is far superior to the MB. In addition, there is the difference in rides...if you like a a sporty feel to your car, go with the BMW, if you want to isolate yourself and your passenger(s) from the road, go with the MB.

You cannot go wrong with either marque, although you may develop a more intimate relationship with your local, friendly independent BMW trained mechanic.

jake
crewdog_843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car: Its a bog standard 94 518i M43B18
Photos:
Beefyeamo is on a distinguished road
helloooooooooooo hows it goin, get a bmw my neighbour has one its great really smooth and comfy seats
Beefyeamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 88 super ETA, 95 525i
Photos:
darkhorse737 is on a distinguished road
Talking

i'll reserve my comments on this one... i'm biased
darkhorse737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
BMW if you want sportier. S Class if you want a more comfortable ride. I think.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

Car: 1976 Benz 300D, 1999 740iL
Photos:
AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
.... I had to make this decision to(only older 99's) I went with the bmw It handled better.... the benz seemed to have alot more gadgets and stuff and seemed to have alot more Torque.... I actually really liked the benz... but the bimmer was a better price and as stated above it handled better and drove better.... if i HAD the money i would have gotton the benz.... Then again my bmw is broken right now so i have a bitter taste.... but my benz isn't finished eather.... It is you car and you need to make the final choice..... But i think the newer S vs 7 i would go with the seven again....
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
AlpineSixAndSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper