trying to maintain - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 11:18 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jdrixx is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
trying to maintain

Everthing on my new 01 e38 works great. she has 216 k, and she hesitates when you give her a little gas going up a slight incline.Is there any wisdom on how to keep her healthy an d strong, i love her , what a great experience. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 07:45 AM
42, The meaning of life

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
Start the motor and let the idle settle, then pull the engine oil dipstick and listen for two things, then idle change and a slurping noise from within the dipstick tube. If you get both of these you may have a faulty OSV which is mounted at the rear of the intake manifold. Not sure if that will be the cause of the problem, but its a starting point.
The other issue could be a failing Air Mass Sensor, this is really easy to test, simply go for a drive get a feel for the problem, then turn the engine off, pull the lead off the AMS and go for a comparison run to see if the problem is the same, by default the engine power will be down, but you might notice if the hesitation issue is still there or not.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper