seats wont move - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 06:27 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bassin42 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
NWS seats wont move

my 1992 750il front drivers side seat wont move when i press the buttons, but the seat heater works,and the passenger side only the inside side of it moves so it justs twists in half when u press the buttons, also i am trying to get the bottom of backseat to go back in, i took it out and iv been trying for hours to get it back in , is their a trick to getting it back in, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 06:37 PM
SVK
n00b

SVK is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Hey,

Hey man,

I got a 1994 740il and have the same problem. I thing that the small motors in the seats are fried or got something stuck in them. There are two motors that are doing functions like lower the seat, so if one of them is stuck then only one is doing the work. This is why your seat is bending. I would replace the motors.

The way you get the back seat back in is very easy. Well you remember how hard it was to get it off, that is how hard it is going to be. Start with the back first. Insert it under the vertical part of the seat and make sure that all of the seatbelt buckles are not under. Get it as far as you can and then start hitting it. No I am not kidding. But not vertically, from the front (were your legs are). Look at the two locks that are on the bottom at the front, ones one is good than do the other side. Ones they are over the holes (at the part that is connected to the car) just sit on them and lock them in place.

That is it man go have fun. BMW POWER OUT!!!
#3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 10:49 PM
n00b

jeff_in_pgh is on a distinguished road
yep, me too!

Hey guys,

I've got pretty much the same issue here, too. My son decided to recline the front passenger seat all the way back. Now I've got one side pulling the seat up and one side doing nothing, putting a nice twist into the seat. Anyway, it looks like there's a cable under there that goes into the motors and it might have twisted too much. Here's what looks like the repair:

Johan & Sean's E32 Page

It's in the section labeled body and interior. I'm going to check mine out tomorrow. Anyone do this lately? Any helpful hints?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper