Run Flat Tires Make Your Wallet Run Flat - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 12:59 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
IXLR8 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Here it is 2000 miles into my '05 645 Ci conv. I get a low pressure warning. I notice a bubble on the sidewall. I take it to the dealer and the service rep gives me an attitude that I "must have hit a pothole" later he comes out and says the service manager will fix it for "free" but that the low pressure warning on my run flat tires is due to a nail in a different tire

$530 later they tell me no repair or warranty on road hazard. A nail in your tire is $530, no ifs ands or buts. not only that... they dont fix it there, you have to be runflat certified and you have to leave it for 2 days. I would have never allowed this on my car if the sales person would have given me the caveats on these tires
I can't believe that it can be puncture sealed. They claim when it goes flat the sidewall deteriorates beyond repair as the design. How about low pressure from a nail in it? It was not flat at all, and I drove it for 2 miles before it was at the dealer

Car drives great, sticks to turns like glue with no tire squeal, but $500 bucks for a flat???????????? wish they would have told me in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 12:58 PM
WOT in Reverse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
Sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience. One of the most consistently criticized decisions BMW is currently making is their useage of runflats on most of their current offerings. It's almost commonplace to read an unotherwize explemporary take on the latest from Bavaria save their stubborness to include these horrible shoes.

I would recomend two things...

1. Make a swtich to Bridgestone or BFG tires as soon as it makes sense to do so and
2. Pick up a copy of Bimmer Magazine from time to time, as they are much more eager to offer sound advice than those pesky salesmen at the stealership. After all, it's only their job, whereas those at Bimmer magazine (and other such publications) they consider it their passion, and are willing to devulge such useful info with no hesitation.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper