Ruff Idle cold start 750Li E-66 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car: 2006 750Li
Photos:
CanyonCreekMT is on a distinguished road
Ruff Idle cold start 750Li E-66

I have always had a slight ruff idle on cold start that they say is normal but recently it got worse and the check engine light came on. Since there are no BMW Dealers in Montana I took it into a local foreign car shop and they checked the codes and it showed multiple misfires on multiple cylinders. I have 91K on the car all services performed by BMW. The I-Drive showed all systems normal. The shop reset the codes and it now starts and runs like a top. I was told that it is common for this Model to have Valvetronics problems and that it will probably return, but it could also be old plugs or a bad 02 censor. How do you tell if it is a bad 02 censor? I plan to have the plugs replaced since they are due at 100K service anyway.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car: 2006 750Li
Photos:
CanyonCreekMT is on a distinguished road
Problem fixed. After resetting codes and filling up with fresh tank of gas I figured out that I got a bad tank of gas and will never buy gas at that station again! Starting and running like a top!

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper