BMW Werkz banner

Resetting Oil Light And Relay Location

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Bear 
#1 ·
1st question, and I know it has been addressed several times, is how in the He** to reset the oil service light?. I have tried every explaination there is (shorting pins 1 & 7 together) but nothing resets it. BMW here wants $45 just to do it for me but this is expensive since I average 800 to 1200 miles a month on mine and I hate to pay that kind of money every 3 months. Or should I remove the dash again and just cut the solder trails on the circuit board? PLEASE help this is very anoying since 75% of my driving is at night and the dash lights arent very bright anyway.
Also can some one tell me which relays located on the outside of the fuse box are what, every diagram I have seen doesnt even come close to my layout. It is a 84 633CSi. I need to know what relays are for the fuel system mainly.

#4 ·
I can reset the inspection light easily, but the oil service light wont go out. I read somewhere there are batteries that can be replaced, is this the answer??? If it is I guess I can pull out the dash cluster for the umpteenth time and try to locate them, don't remember seeing them when I had it out the last few times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.