1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini CooperGeneral Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.
o.k., let me try to explain :
1) First- get all of your keys handy because you need to initialize them all at the same time.
2) Get in the car and close all doors
3) Stick one key in the ignition and turn to accesory ( just before start ) and then right back off within 5 seconds, and remove the key
4) Within 30 seconds of turning the ignition switch off, press and hold the unlock button (the "up arrow")
5) while holding the unlock button, press and release (tap) the lock button (round button) 3 times within 10 seconds.
6) release both buttons immediately. The LED will flash (if still working) and the door locks will lock and unlock automatically, signaling a successful initialization.
7) If you have other keys, repeat steps 4 through 6 within 30 seconds.
8) Once you are done, use one of the keys and switch the ignition on and then off (to the full accessory position, don't start the car). this completes the process.
I have done these steps on my car, but nothing happend.
what could be the problem.
Another thing, can I deactivate security alarm manually without remote key?
if the battery is good, this process should work. Maybe try it again?? I'm not sure what to tell you without being there. If you try it again and it doesn't work then all i can suggest is to take it by the dealer and ask someone to help you out. They shouldn't charge you anything for just initializing the keys again. good luck.
__________________ STETT Performance -
921 J Place, Suite 200
Plano, TX 75074
OEM Repairs and Maintenance
Extended Warranty Service
Everything Performance (brakes, turbos, Nitrous, Cams, Complete Engines, Clutches/Flywheels etc)
STETT Performance Official Grand Opening BMW Meet, May 6th 11A-3P -- Music, Food, Drawings and Tons of BMW's go to http://22.214.171.124/stett and register.. it's FREE
it 'could' be a faulty key. we had one key that was not programmed and when we tried reprogramming it at the dealer, they couldnt do it and deemed it faulty. we can still open doors and start the car, but the remote features did not work.
Hello, I recently had to replace the key on my 95 740 il , I just tried the steps outlined by EXtech to program my key and It worked just as he described. (THANKS EXtech) So you must have a faulty key. I paid over $100 dollars at my local dealership for the key. Good luck
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.