Join Date: Sep 2003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
|1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
| o.k., let me try to explain : |
1) First- get all of your keys handy because you need to initialize them all at the same time.
2) Get in the car and close all doors
3) Stick one key in the ignition and turn to accesory ( just before start ) and then right back off within 5 seconds, and remove the key
4) Within 30 seconds of turning the ignition switch off, press and hold the unlock button (the "up arrow")
5) while holding the unlock button, press and release (tap) the lock button (round button) 3 times within 10 seconds.
6) release both buttons immediately. The LED will flash (if still working) and the door locks will lock and unlock automatically, signaling a successful initialization.
7) If you have other keys, repeat steps 4 through 6 within 30 seconds.
8) Once you are done, use one of the keys and switch the ignition on and then off (to the full accessory position, don't start the car). this completes the process.
| || |
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|key won't turn all the way?!||booger||3-Series (E36)||1||10-29-2005 07:46 AM|
|Someone stole the key for my locking wheel nuts!!!||KILOCHARLIE||3-Series (E36)||4||10-12-2005 04:30 AM|
|Remote Start help?!||007ben||Audio and Electronics||9||09-30-2005 09:35 AM|
|Key remote||interboss||3-Series (E46, E90)||9||09-15-2005 05:49 PM|
|Replacement Alarm Remote||shandy||Audio and Electronics||3||03-13-2005 07:05 AM|