rear seat cushion replacement - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 08:27 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mistydakota is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I am having difficulty replacing the passenger side cushion back in its proper position. There seems to be too much resistance to slide back into place and I hesitate to try and use force. Is there a technique to doing this? The seats are power and heated. Any tips would be appreciated. This si my first BMW and it is a beauty. I am missing the manual info on the factory phone and radio. Any sources for me to check?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-13-2003, 08:58 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lwebb12 Send a message via Yahoo to lwebb12
let me check my sources

Member 150+ MPH club
Member of the 3-Pedal club
Memebr BMW FORUMS V1 CLUB
JL Audio 13W7 in W7 pro wedge box powered by JL Audio 1000/1 slash series amp. JL Audio RBC. V1 hardwired.
Euro First Aid Kit, warning triangle, and fire extinguisher. Euro Storage bin Mod. UUC Stage III lightweight flywheel/clutch.
#3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2003, 09:07 AM

lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute
give me the last 7 of your VIN

Member 150+ MPH club
JL Audio 13W7 in W7 pro wedge box powered by JL Audio 1000/1 slash series amp. JL Audio RBC. V1 hardwired.
Euro First Aid Kit, warning triangle, and fire extinguisher. Euro Storage bin Mod. UUC Stage III lightweight flywheel/clutch.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2003, 11:28 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
DC80532
#5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2003, 11:59 AM

Found on Roadfly

Lower rear seat removal instructions:
1. Turn on the ignition, move the elec right rear seat all the way forward.
2. Pull away the velcroed leather flaps between the upper & lower seats.
3. Remove the plastic cover on the edge of the seat that's between the seat & the car's body...push it towards the seat, then move up and out the gap created between the upper & lower seats.
4. Use a 17mm socket and 6" to 9" extension to remove the bolt holding the seat belt receptacle down. (you can see the bolt through the opening created by removal of the plastic fill piece in procedure #3.) DO NOT remove the plastic on the lower seat where the switches are...its' not necessary.
5. Raise the front edge of the seat up to release the clip. (its in the center of the lower seat at the forward edge. Locate the clip and push the button in the center...pull up and disconnect the electrical connector.
6. Now, you can remove the lower section of the rear seat. Raise up on the front of the seat while pivoting the rear of the seat downward. You need to do this to remove the rear tongs that go up into the guides in the upper part of the rear seat.

TIP: Take some time to look at how the lower section sits on the rails on the floor underneath the cushion and how the tongs are inserted into the upper rear seat back. WHY? Because when you go to put the seat back together you're gonna curse the day the German engineer who designed this abominable contraption was ever born! It can be done...it just takes patience and concentration.

Member 150+ MPH club
#6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 12:22 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Thanks ever so much for the info. I will attempt the proceedure in reverse as the seat is propped up out of place looking for a home. Any ideas as to where I can get information on the telephone and radio operation. Radio works fine and the telephone is not a priority but I would like to satisfy my curiosity. By the way, I am German and I agree with you on the engineering: why do you think we lost two world wars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper