You Can Has A Custom Title!!
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Wheatland, CA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Found on Roadfly
Lower rear seat removal instructions:
1. Turn on the ignition, move the elec right rear seat all the way forward.
2. Pull away the velcroed leather flaps between the upper & lower seats.
3. Remove the plastic cover on the edge of the seat that's between the seat & the car's body...push it towards the seat, then move up and out the gap created between the upper & lower seats.
4. Use a 17mm socket and 6" to 9" extension to remove the bolt holding the seat belt receptacle down. (you can see the bolt through the opening created by removal of the plastic fill piece in procedure #3.) DO NOT remove the plastic on the lower seat where the switches are...its' not necessary.
5. Raise the front edge of the seat up to release the clip. (its in the center of the lower seat at the forward edge. Locate the clip and push the button in the center...pull up and disconnect the electrical connector.
6. Now, you can remove the lower section of the rear seat. Raise up on the front of the seat while pivoting the rear of the seat downward. You need to do this to remove the rear tongs that go up into the guides in the upper part of the rear seat.
TIP: Take some time to look at how the lower section sits on the rails on the floor underneath the cushion and how the tongs are inserted into the upper rear seat back. WHY? Because when you go to put the seat back together you're gonna curse the day the German engineer who designed this abominable contraption was ever born! It can be done...it just takes patience and concentration.
Member 150+ MPH club
Member of the 3-Pedal club
Memebr BMW FORUMS V1 CLUB
JL Audio 13W7 in W7 pro wedge box powered by JL Audio 1000/1 slash series amp. JL Audio RBC. V1 hardwired.
Euro First Aid Kit, warning triangle, and fire extinguisher. Euro Storage bin Mod. UUC Stage III lightweight flywheel/clutch.