Rear Quarter panel's the wrong shape?? lots of Bondo... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 02:18 AM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
(Thread Starter)
Rear Quarter panel's the wrong shape?? lots of Bondo...

Ok so I'm prepping my car(over the next year or so) for an nice paint job(hopefully by next summer). I'm starting from the Rear end with appears to have the most work needed.... So I replaced my massively warped trunklid(so much bondo the springs wouldn't hold it up.....) with a nice and Non- bondo'd unit. and found with the trunk perfectly aligned with the back seam the end sticks off(see pics) and the gap on the rear quarter panels are wavy as hell.... and the license plate panel is dented pretty bad...... so i found a Euro Rear panel near me not to bad in price.... now concidering euro bumpers(this never ends does it) Because I got a raise at work(which includes a gas card) and also I am working Alot more hours so now i'm going to have a bit more money to throw at this thing(after a Starter and rebuilding the Alt. and adding an adjustably regulator) to get it running good and looking good.... I replaced the Rear Quarter panels on my w115 76' 300D Benz. so I am looking at euro bumpers and it doesn't seem THAT hard just expensive..... so yeah.... Over the next couple weeks I'm going to figure this out... heres some pictures....btw this and my exhaust post took 2 1/2 hours to put together which shows I have absolutely no life....... Yet i dont have time to wash the car.... Sorry is is SOOOOO dirty.....

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper