BMW Werkz banner

R & R Headlight Washer Nozzle???

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tknesek 
#1 ·
I need to replace headlight washer nozzle on 2001 740il and I'm told I have to remove front bumper to do it. Any clues about how to?? Most engineering on this car seems much easier than that, I haven't found any clues yet on the internet.
Thanks for any help or leads. :banghead
Terry

#2 ·
Originally posted by tknesek@Jan 6 2005, 05:48 PM
I need to replace headlight washer nozzle on 2001 740il and I'm told I have to remove front bumper to do it. Any clues about how to?? Most engineering on this car seems much easier than that, I haven't found any clues yet on the internet.
Thanks for any help or leads. :banghead
Terry
[snapback]265809[/snapback]​
Take loose the left and right front inner fenderwells, attached to the bumper, and remove the triangle shaped trims under the front corners.....just a few 8mm screws...
There are 2 main bolts that hold the bumper on, just look above the grills in the bumper. Those are allen bolts. Get those out, and it slides off. Going back on, there are guides on both sides, make sure they go in or it won't fit right.
The jet comes off after you remove the hose, and one plastic nut.

Simple..........but I do it for a living.......

#3 ·
Originally posted by TECH+Jan 9 2005, 07:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TECH @ Jan 9 2005, 07:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-tknesek@Jan 6 2005, 05:48 PM
I need to replace headlight washer nozzle on 2001 740il and I'm told I have to remove front bumper to do it.  Any clues about how to??  Most engineering on this car seems much easier than that, I haven't found any clues yet on the internet.
Thanks for any help or leads.    :banghead
Terry
[snapback]265809[/snapback]​
Take loose the left and right front inner fenderwells, attached to the bumper, and remove the triangle shaped trims under the front corners.....just a few 8mm screws...
There are 2 main bolts that hold the bumper on, just look above the grills in the bumper. Those are allen bolts. Get those out, and it slides off. Going back on, there are guides on both sides, make sure they go in or it won't fit right.
The jet comes off after you remove the hose, and one plastic nut.

Simple..........but I do it for a living.......
[snapback]267662[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
Thanks a bunch, I will try it next weekend.
Terry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.