Purchasing A Z3 Have Questions - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 04:12 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rumplecat is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I was interested in buying a 1996-1999 Z3 and I would like to know if there we any major or minor issues with these year models? Motor Drive train ect.. And what would be a good price to pay? Also I would like to know if anybody has had problems at 100,000 miles + with anything. And lastly I would like to know how much maintenance charges usually run? Thanks and all help is appreciated!

Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 12:34 PM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the forums.

Does anybody have any input for Rumplecat?

DT

DT

#3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 12:08 AM
1st Gear Member

bryan1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
the Z3's are pretty good cars. off the top of my head i can't really think of a whole lot of problems with them. the biggest problem i have ever herd of is people that just simply don't drive them enough and the battery can go dead, vut that is a common issue with any car that is only driven for a couple months out of the year. the drive train and the suspension is very similar to the E46 which are also great cars. one problem that is more of a BMW problem is the lower ball joints they can get worn out and have to be replaced. the engines are awsome they have minimal issues. one thing that is a common issue with some people is that the rear window can get cloudy on the convertibles, whcih is all Z3's. but some people just deal with the cloudy plastic and others replace them just depends on your budget and preference i guess. but all in all they are good cars and are a lot of fun to drive also.
#4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 04:22 PM
n00b

Rumplecat is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the welcome and also thanks bryan for the info you told me. Sounds like BMW put together yet another almost flawless vehicle! Thanks again for the replies.

Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper