Pulsing Headlights Anyone? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-19-2005, 11:20 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
asnpcwiz is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up

Hey guys,

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I just noticed the other night the headlights on our X5 tends to pulse when in extremely cold weather. It has been very cold in DC lately, especially in the evenings, so when my wife and are are in the car, we are using a lot of it's power to keep us warm. We both have our heated seats on high, I have the heated steering wheel on, and both of us have our climate control set to pretty warm. When I all of this is going on and the lights are on, I notice that the headlights tend to pulse . What I mean is that they go from normal to dim to normal to dim over and over again. My wife doesn't really notice it, and it's not really a bother, but I'm just cursios to know if I'm the only one that notices this? Anyways, is this normal or am I just crazy?

asnPCwiz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
This is pretty normal when using the heated seats. The seat heater put a huge load on the charging system.

DT

DT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper