Premium Sound In My 745li Sucks! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 11:41 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DBADBMW is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Red face

My Premium sound system is not sounding so premium lately. My car was recently stolen and upon recovery required replacement of the entire electrical wire harness and the woofers (under seat) When I got the car back from the dealer, the bass from the newer and "Better"(compared to my 02') woofers sounded like they were bottoming out when the bass hit. Prior to the work, this system was very strong, had great highs and lots of deep bass. It now sound like it has a grounding issue. When I returned the car for repair (2 weeks ago) the tech said that the bass sounded normal but the cracking sound from the speakers were due to bad speakers. He replaced two. Upon getting the car back, the same cracking and weak sound is heard througout the car. The bass is still pitiful. I can turn the stereo up to the MAX! and it still is not very loud. Because I already experienced the car stereo system prior to the theft and was extremely happy with it, what I am listening to now is unacceptable and definetly not "PREMIUM". Any advice or input on what this could be? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 03:13 AM
5th Gear Member

BMWLotAttendant is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BMWLotAttendant Send a message via MSN to BMWLotAttendant
It isn't a 2002 is it? used

Ummm, we had the base go out in one of our customers e66, replaced it and it works fine.

Maybe the factory amp?
#3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 12:57 AM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
Could be 1 of several things. Its very possible that there is a MOST Bus issue. Possibly attenuation in the fiber optic lines, especially since harnesses were replaced I would be checking there. The dealer can do attenuation tests if they havent already and see if the MOST bus is ok. If not they can do node testing to narrow down the problem. Ask to speak wth the Shop Foreman at your dealer and maybe spend a few minutes with him explaining the problem and then demonstrating it. Make sure he personally gets involved in fixing the issue. Thats your best bet.

DT

DT

#4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 09:32 PM
n00b

DBADBMW is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Good stuff! Thanks guys.
#5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Neutral Member

nathan56989 is an unknown quantity at this point
if there were most bus issues there would be more things that would be acting abnormal. (iDrive, Voice activation, any audio function or any function of the iDrive). Assuming that there is nothing wrong with these components i would call the amp on this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper