Power Window And Door Lock Problem...96 750il - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2004, 01:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
moabxj01 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 96 750iL, just bought a week ago w/ 92k miles. Everything seemed to be working fine(except one window which I'll get to in a moment.) Then a couple of days ago the front passenger door wouldn't open. The lock wont unlock with the button on the inside, the remote, or even if you pull it up manually it just goes back down in the locked position. I tried holding the lock open while trying to open the door with both the inside and outside handles and neither worked. So I'm guessing a door lock actuator?

The other problem is the window in the same door. I knew when I bought the car that window had issues, because it would only go down about 3 inches and then it would roll back up but the motor would keep turning when it went back up until the down button was pushed again. When I couldn't get the door to open I got the bright idea to push the window down so I could reach the outside door handle from the inside of the car while trying to fiddle around with things. I can live with the window not working, but I can't live with the window stuck half way down especially with how much rain/snow we've been gettin here lately. It will not go up or down not matter how hard I push/pull. Is there any way to manually crank the window back up?

Sorry for the long-winded post, please let me know if you guys have any ideas.

Thanks,
Ryan
moabxj01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2004, 03:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Bear is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by moabxj01@Nov 13 2004, 01:40 PM
I have a 96 750iL, just bought a week ago w/ 92k miles. Everything seemed to be working fine(except one window which I'll get to in a moment.) Then a couple of days ago the front passenger door wouldn't open. The lock wont unlock with the button on the inside, the remote, or even if you pull it up manually it just goes back down in the locked position. I tried holding the lock open while trying to open the door with both the inside and outside handles and neither worked. So I'm guessing a door lock actuator?

The other problem is the window in the same door. I knew when I bought the car that window had issues, because it would only go down about 3 inches and then it would roll back up but the motor would keep turning when it went back up until the down button was pushed again. When I couldn't get the door to open I got the bright idea to push the window down so I could reach the outside door handle from the inside of the car while trying to fiddle around with things. I can live with the window not working, but I can't live with the window stuck half way down especially with how much rain/snow we've been gettin here lately. It will not go up or down not matter how hard I push/pull. Is there any way to manually crank the window back up?

Sorry for the long-winded post, please let me know if you guys have any ideas.

Thanks,
Ryan
[snapback]230175[/snapback]

You may want to remove the inner door panel and check to see if the door lock actuator is screwed down tight, also check to see if the bracket that holds the actuator in place is in one piece, not cracked or broken. With the panel off you can check the workings of the window regulator as well.
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper