Parts & upgrades for 1981 euro 635csi - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
buckwasp is on a distinguished road
Parts & upgrades for 1981 euro 635csi

For those of you that have already responded to me in the new members check in I really appreciate it. I'm going to cut and past some of my questions from my original post to try and get a variety of ideas and places to visit for my 1981 euro 635csi.........

My name is Buck and I live in O'Fallon, MO. I'm interested in buying a 1981 bmw 635csi. It was shipped from Germany to the U.S. many years ago. I'm doing some side work for a guy and am putting money in my pocket and some towards purchasing this car. The machine is supposed to run, but is not currently ready for the road. It has sat for every bit of 2 years. The owner says that he knows it needs a clutch slave cylinder and may have some wiring issues. He says that even after a new battery it will drain within a matter of days. I'm new to the forums, but after a little research I've already heard of some of these same problems.

I apologize for not having any pics, but the car has a few minor rust spots,could use new rubber around the windows, tires appear to be dry rotting, but not sure how bad yet and interior is in fair condition. It has recaro fabric seats that are really faded. Dash cover could be replaced. It has around 90,000 miles. Any guestimates as to what I would be paying for a vehicle like this?

Could I also get some input of a few top websites to find various parts & upgrades? Any ground effects type kits for the 635's? I love the front ends of the 635's, but I fell the sides & rear could use a little something. I definately also think it could use a slight lowering and it needs the rear spoiler replaced. (It's actually not there anymore.) I guess it was one of the old rubber ones. There's just a few rivets left and small chunks of rubber/foam left.

Thanks to everyone that has replied. I'm still looking for a few suggested websites to find parts for the 1981 635csi I'm interested in buying. What I know I will need: clutch slave cylinder, all fluids (probably autozone or O'Reilly's), new tires (I'll check into size, but I remember them saying trx on the sides of them), new dash pad & or cover, new 5 speed shift knob (top is blown off), floor mats, seat covers for fabric covered recaro seats (probably new seats eventually) and at least one more necessary item/s....window seals. I know the rear window seals were dry rotted pretty bad. I'm sure most other rubber are bad also & will eventually need to be replaced. The rubber items I would guess are going to be hard to find and those are items that I would like to try and get new and not some rubber that is already half bad if you know what I mean. There's no sun roof on this model and as nice as they normally are I guess it's one less issue that I have to deal with right now.

Once again....any and all websites, phone numbers and addresses would be very much appreciated. I see lots of 1982 or 1985 and newer parts, but haven't seen much of anything for the 1981 635csi. Thank you very much and have a great day.

Buck
buckwasp@aol.com
636-485-5803
windows live messenger: buckwasp@aol.com
buckwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper