BMW Werkz banner

Which One To Buy, 4 Cyl Or 6 Cyl?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  325isBaby 
#1 ·
Hi,
I'm looking into buying a Z3 this spring and I'm getting choice complex in which motor to choose? I would like to have the 6 cylinder but this car is going to be a toy that I'm going to tool around town in on sunny days and I don't want to pay a whole hell of a lot. Is the 1.9 Liter a O.K. motor that you still can have fun with? I have had 2 BMWs in the past. I had a 1985 325e with the 2.5 liter 6 and a 1985 735i. I love the BMWs and would like to have a Z3. Could you help me in deciding which motor to go with.

Thanks,
Bill Zaidel
:dunno

#2 ·
Originally posted by WillyZ@Feb 18 2005, 09:06 PM
Hi,
I'm looking into buying a Z3 this spring and I'm getting choice complex in which motor to choose? I would like to have the 6 cylinder but this car is going to be a toy that I'm going to tool around town in on sunny days and I don't want to pay a whole hell of a lot. Is the 1.9 Liter a O.K. motor that you still can have fun with? I have had 2 BMWs in the past. I had a 1985 325e with the 2.5 liter 6 and a 1985 735i. I love the BMWs and would like to have a Z3. Could you help me in deciding which motor to go with.

Thanks,
Bill Zaidel
:dunno
[snapback]294632[/snapback]​
You will be much happier with the 2.5 or 2.8 liter engines in that car, I hear with the 1.8/1.9 they're nothing impressive but with the sixes they fly.

#4 ·
I have a 6 cylinder 3.0 liter Z3 and I had a 1985 325 also. The 325 I had had some good power, even thou my was an automatic it was just fine for me. Nothing like my Z3 but fine. If you were happy with your old 1985's power get the 4 cylinder standard and you will be fine and save some money. If your 1985 left you wanting more get the Z3 in a 6 cylinder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.