Ok I am blonde, but this is ridiculous! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 08:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
42, The meaning of life

Car: 2000 740iL Individual
Photos:
brettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nice
Ok I am blonde, but this is ridiculous!

Folks this car (E38) is determined to beat me. I went to open the bonnet/hood today, pulled the internal release lever, the right corner of the hood lifts slightly, but I cant get it to release the left side at all. The left side with the external handle just sits tight. I have tried pushing the hood back down and recranking the internal lever, all to no avail. Any suggestions about what else I can try to access the engine bay?
I think that this may have been an issue to the previous owner because the left side grill was held in place with a cable tie, which I have since removed to see if I can resolve it through that openeing. No joy at this point.
brettski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2009, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 88 super ETA, 95 525i
Photos:
darkhorse737 is on a distinguished road
Arrow

have you tried peering from under the car to see if the latch is reachable from there?
darkhorse737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
42, The meaning of life

Car: 2000 740iL Individual
Photos:
brettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nice
Well there is a step missing in my owners manual (for my car anyway). Apply slight pressure down on the hood whilst the internal release lever is operated. The hood will then pop up can be opened as per the Users Manual.
Problem solved (for the moment).
brettski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Good to see you got it resolved

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper