Odomoter LCD cluster lighting INOP - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-07-2003, 11:32 PM
zav
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
zav is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Took my car in to get its annual state inspection sticker and when I started it up, my orange LCD odometer cluster was not illuminated. The odometer works fine and so does trip computer as well as the lighted service bars and the guages/speedometer etc. Light reostat works fine for rest of instruments also. Just the odometer/trip computer is not lit. When you shine a flashlight on it you can see it just fine. Seems some type of backlighting is burned out. After all my research, I cannot imagine the only way to change/fix this situation is to remove airbag, steering wheel and instrument cluster. Has to be a simpler fix!! Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper