Next generation BMW X5 (2006) - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-23-2003, 02:44 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Grand Canyon State
Posts: 2,146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AZ325Ci is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
If you're waiting for an X5 with a third row seat, you may get your wish in 2006.

Our insiders tell us that BMW NA is pushing hard for that to happen but ONLY in the next body style (2006)...however BMW AG is against because Europe and the rest of the world do not want it.

Only US customers require that option and its around 50-55% of all X5 sales.


Regarding a diesel version:

BMW AG says that it SHOULD be the next step in the US market...yet BMW NA doesn't believe they will sell.

And yes, there will be a V-10 X5

AZ325Ci is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 (permalink) Old 05-23-2003, 09:10 PM
2nd Gear Member
 
adonis_bimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
adonis_bimmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to adonis_bimmer Send a message via Yahoo to adonis_bimmer
V10? mmmm

&lt;center&gt;<img src='http://www.digitalwerkz.eclipse.co.uk/sigs/siggy2.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Hartge Power
adonis_bimmer is offline  
#3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2003, 10:06 PM
SpeedsterBMW
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
where are your sources on this aZ?
 
#4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2003, 11:14 PM
5th Gear Member
 
SoonerE39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 1,645
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SoonerE39 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SoonerE39
I had read somewhere about a 3rd row seat in the X5 also. I'ld give up the Sequoia in a second for X5. But in 3 years, my kid will be driving and I won't need the 3rd row as much. Then it will be time to pick up a good used 318is or 325is.

[CODE]&lt;EMBED src=&quot;http://members.cox.net/toakes2/Copy%20(2)%20of%20toms%20sig.swf&quot;quality=high bgcolor=#000000 WIDTH=420 HEIGHT=220 TYPE=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; PLUGINSPAGE=&quot;http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/...&lt;/EMBED&gt;
Sig by Woobiee
<img src='http://www.ousooners.net/Avatars/Tx_Smack/lh_rip.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
1999 528i 5 Speed, Sport Package, Confortti Software, Racing Dynamics Front Lip Spoiler and Rear Apron, Supersprint Muffler, Angel Eyes Upgrade.
SoonerE39 is offline  
#5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2003, 11:46 PM
SpeedsterBMW
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by SoonerE39@May 23 2003, 10:14 PM
I had read somewhere about a 3rd row seat in the X5 also. I'ld give up the Sequoia in a second for X5. But in 3 years, my kid will be driving and I won't need the 3rd row as much. Then it will be time to pick up a good used 318is or 325is.
exactly sooner, now that all of us are driving we are getting rid of the family car ('00 Land Rover Discovery) in favor of something more sporty....you need cargo/passenger room when the kids are young, but when one starts driving, it makes everything alot easier!
 
#6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2003, 03:00 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
donutchow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+May 23 2003, 10:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ May 23 2003, 10:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SoonerE39@May 23 2003, 10:14 PM
I had read somewhere about a 3rd row seat in the X5 also. I'ld give up the Sequoia in a second for X5. But in 3 years, my kid will be driving and I won't need the 3rd row as much. Then it will be time to pick up a good used 318is or 325is.
exactly sooner, now that all of us are driving we are getting rid of the family car ('00 Land Rover Discovery) in favor of something more sporty....you need cargo/passenger room when the kids are young, but when one starts driving, it makes everything alot easier! [/b][/quote]
it is nice to have a large car when moving in and out of college, since you gotta bring down everything with you.

Founder of the 3 pedal club, the first actual club on BMW-Forums.
donutchow is offline  
#7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2003, 08:00 AM
SpeedsterBMW
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by donutchow+May 24 2003, 02:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donutchow @ May 24 2003, 02:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by -SpeedsterBMW@May 23 2003, 10:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--SoonerE39
Quote:
@May 23 2003, 10:14 PM
I had read somewhere about a 3rd row seat in the X5 also.* I'ld give up the Sequoia in a second for X5.* But in 3 years, my kid will be driving and I won't need the 3rd row as much.* Then it will be time to pick up a good used 318is or 325is.

exactly sooner, now that all of us are driving we are getting rid of the family car ('00 Land Rover Discovery) in favor of something more sporty....you need cargo/passenger room when the kids are young, but when one starts driving, it makes everything alot easier!
it is nice to have a large car when moving in and out of college, since you gotta bring down everything with you. [/b][/quote]
yea, thats why i have the S4....but the land rover was the worst thing ever on the highway...it was great in the snow though!
 
#8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2003, 08:10 AM
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ankorage, AL
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Spetsnaz Op is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spetsnaz Op
to be honest, and i haven't mentioned it here, i have decided to get a touareg instead of an X5 (X5 is 2nd choice) because for 35k (V6)you can get a new one. Of course i will test drive them both but the Touareg V8 new is around 45k, and you get 310 HP. The X5 V8 (4.4) is 50K, and tou get around 290 HP.

However the Touareg is not avaliable used .

The V10 TDI Touareg (313HP, 533 ft/lb TORQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) is not avaliable in the US until later. BTW, the V10 gets 45 MPG!!!

I hope the BMW V10 gives me a reason to trade in my VW V8 for a BMW and not for another VW...

Certified Alaska BMW Snow Warrior
Spetsnaz Op is offline  
#9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2003, 09:16 AM
3rd Gear Member
 
GreenTape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GreenTape is an unknown quantity at this point
damn 45m my friend has one of those honda insights, claim 75, but in reality conditions, only get around 50mpg, but still

BMW-FORUM'S Wall of Intelligence

"hang 10 : lol im tryin to get em not to hate me"
"hang 10 : y you lock the funiest car ever?"
"Ski : Are you f**cking kidding me"
"hang 10 : guess what i didnt buy it my dad did i could care less and i like the noise"
"hang 10 : F**K ME IN THE GOAT ASS"
"cam540 : to this day some of my buddies still call me 'tubby time' "
"SoonerE39 : I'm talking 2 to 3 times a day since i was 11"
"hang 10 : i drive a jeep grand charokeet or however you spell it "
"hang 10 : yea im 16 but stupid"
"SpeedsterBMW : ...lol who cant spell "Corperate"?!?!?! lol sound it out "
GreenTape is offline  
#10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2003, 02:25 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,053
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrM3
Quote:
Originally posted by Spetsnaz Op@May 24 2003, 06:10 AM
to be honest, and i haven't mentioned it here, i have decided to get a touareg instead of an X5 (X5 is 2nd choice) because for 35k (V6)you can get a new one. Of course i will test drive them both but the Touareg V8 new is around 45k, and you get 310 HP. The X5 V8 (4.4) is 50K, and tou get around 290 HP.

However the Touareg is not avaliable used .

The V10 TDI Touareg (313HP, 533 ft/lb TORQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) is not avaliable in the US until later. BTW, the V10 gets 45 MPG!!!

I hope the BMW V10 gives me a reason to trade in my VW V8 for a BMW and not for another VW...
wouldnt a X5 4.4i end up closer to 60k? anyway, a V10 X5 makes sense due to the fact that a new V10 will find its way to the M5/6's, but i highly doubt it will become a reality.
MrM3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E90 2006 BMW 325i Adaptive Xenon Headlight ihaveabimmer Cars For Sale 0 11-12-2005 11:22 AM
H&R Cup on an E36 Convertible RJHD3 3-Series (E36) 7 10-19-2005 02:34 AM
new 2006 hybryd from BMW sycow 3-Series (E46, E90) 4 10-03-2005 09:35 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome