Newbie from Toronto - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 10:54 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sebitoma is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hello everybody,
I am new here and I currently reside in Toronto area. Let's start with the beginning. I have never owned a BMW, therefore I might annoy you with my questions. The plan is to get a second car in the near future and so far I have researched the market available in Toronto area and came up with the following vehicles:
BMW X5
Acura MDX
Mercedes Benz Ml 350 SE
Volvo XC 90
Volkswagen Tuareg
I have test drove all of them and the top three would be (even though the Volvo and VW are very close) :
X5 (3.0)
MDX
Ml 350 SE
The Volvo lacks power with the small engine, and the Tuareg is powerful enough but something is off with it. Anyway, I have a very hard time in selecting one of the top three and would like some input from you guys. I have heard that the X5 has a lot of issues and needs some tune-ups at the dealership, but these might very well be just rumours. The MDX is a very fine SUV, very well appointed and quite cheap for it has to offer, but again, is a Japanese SUV built here in Ontario. The ML is a fine vehicle as well. Your valuable knowledge would help me to make an educated decision so please share your experience. I was considering the X5 4.4 (the one I test drove) but it turns out too expensive for me so I guess I am not going to get this version. Is the 3.0 powerful enough for the size of the vehicle?
Kind regards,

Sebastian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper