New or used X5?!?!? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 01:11 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
asnpcwiz is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I wanted to ask a few questions about BMW's that I was hoping you guys would know about. I'm debating about purchasing a brand new X5 and would love some advice. I want to be a little more prepared before I walk into a dealer and bend over for them!

First of all, can someone please tell me what "leatherette" is? I'm assuming that it is immitation leather. Can you tell me if it's noticibly different from the real deal? Oh one more thing...if the car comes standard with "leatherette" is the entire part of the seats "leatherette" or is it just the back and sides of the seats (like when a leather recliner uses immitation leather on the back and sides)?

Does anyone know if the X5 comes standard with a moonroof? I've been trying to do research on it, and it doesn't look like it does.

Oh one more thing, does anyone know what year BMW started making clear rear signal lenses in the X5? I don't like the amber signal lenses. I've looked online at many place and it looks like it may have been 2002, although I see both versions in the 2002 model. I'm just keeping this in mind in case I decide to go with a used model...yeah I know I'm weird...I'm driving myself nuts not know what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 08:34 AM
n00b

X-tra is an unknown quantity at this point
Go to the bmwusa.com website, navigate to features and options and find the answers to all of your questions.
#3 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 03:23 PM
n00b

bimmerfan87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bimmerfan87 Send a message via Yahoo to bimmerfan87
wow seems like you need some help! Just like X-tra said go on Bmwusa.com you can find all you need there, and leatherette is a material that looks like leather but is not as nice. I just bought a X3 3.0 with leatherette , i had a choice of a 2.5i with leather or the 3.0 with leatherette and i can say im a hell lot happier with having the 3.0 engine with leatherette than the 2.5. And about the clear lights. The '04 X5 now has the cleared out lights. You just need to do some research and go to a bmw dealership and ask them some of the questions you have. Trust me their not like American or Japanese dealerships where they put u in one corner and try to sell you a car. Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper