New guy suspension question - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 01:30 AM
cdc
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
cdc is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
New guy suspension question

Hi Guys

I am looking at buying a 1990 750iL but the dealer has told me the suspension is shot and I have not yet been to look at it in person. I have read something about it having self leveling suspension but I do not know if it has it or not, is there anyway to tell? and also how expensive do you think would it be to replace it with used suspension from a breaker? And my final question is can the suspension be replace with non-leveling parts.

I apologies if this has been answered before.

The car in question the dealer said he would knock the price alot.
Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

Carl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 09:10 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
looks like a nice car. the suspension doesn't look to be shot, it just looks like it's ben lowered. My guess is to have a mechanic look it over. If they only want 3800 for it, i would probably buy it anyway, that is such as nice car for the mileage.

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
#3 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 03:49 PM
cdc
n00b

cdc is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
I have not yet seen the car but it does loog in good condition and does not look like it has done 260k. I will probably look at it today and the dealer says he would do it for half price without even seeing him in person. He tells me the car also has low compression and smokes so I would probably rebuild or replace the engine as he said it smokes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper