BMW Werkz banner

New guy suspension question

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cdc 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

I am looking at buying a 1990 750iL but the dealer has told me the suspension is shot and I have not yet been to look at it in person. I have read something about it having self leveling suspension but I do not know if it has it or not, is there anyway to tell? and also how expensive do you think would it be to replace it with used suspension from a breaker? And my final question is can the suspension be replace with non-leveling parts.

I apologies if this has been answered before.

The car in question the dealer said he would knock the price alot.
Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

Carl

#2 ·
looks like a nice car. the suspension doesn't look to be shot, it just looks like it's ben lowered. My guess is to have a mechanic look it over. If they only want 3800 for it, i would probably buy it anyway, that is such as nice car for the mileage.

#3 ·
I have not yet seen the car but it does loog in good condition and does not look like it has done 260k. I will probably look at it today and the dealer says he would do it for half price without even seeing him in person. He tells me the car also has low compression and smokes so I would probably rebuild or replace the engine as he said it smokes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.