BMW Werkz banner

New Danish site for bmw1 enthusiasts - DANSK bmw1-site

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  tikky 
#1 ·
In the progress of buying my first baby bmw, I searched the web for good sites to get advice, and share my experiences.

This search resulted in me using this great site among others, however I would've enjoyed a danish alternative for several reasons, including:
- It's faster to read and write in my own language
- It's easier to understand technical explanations in my own language
- With a danish babybmw-forum, it is be easier to get information about explicit danish rules and regulations (tax-rules in particular)

As a result of this, I've just launched a danish site for bmw1, which I hope you will welcome.

Visit the new site for Bmw1 club Denmark at bmw1.dk • Boardindeks

(This is not meant to be a threat/competitor to babybmw.net, but merely an extra option for danish users.)

#3 ·
Danish tax...

Yes, but, as far as I understand by reading about this issue, there's only tax on engine replacement if the effect/power of the engine is increased by more than 20% (If that's the only replacement on the car at that time)

Here's what i found on the website of the danish tax agency about exemption to paying tax: (slightly edited google translation)
The exemption is subject to the following:

* The vehicle must be equal to the reconstruction of the registration referred vehicle. There must not be changes to the vehicle's make, model, type and year.
* Replacing the engine of the vehicle, possibly to an engine with another drive power, must not imply a power of over 20 per cent. in relation to the vehicle's original engine power.
* The reconstruction of the vehicle must be done through the use of spare parts, including skarringsdele, of the type and nature that are normally available in and traded from cardealers and workshop stocks of new spare parts, possibly with similar second-hand spare parts. The use of new reservedelskarrosseri, chassis or frame. Nor is it from the second vehicle used body, chassis, chassis or more of these components than the parts.
That was a quote from this translated page, where there's also an example of a bmw 320 where drive power was only increased by 17,2% but had other parts replaced, which made the 320 appear as an 323i and therefore had to pay the full tax
Translated version of http://www.skat.dk/SKAT.aspx?oID=110568

In addition to this, I can inform you that tax on private vehicles in Denmark is usually 180% of the car sales price. This include extra equipment as well, which indeed make danish cars very expensive. :help :mad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.