BMW Werkz banner

new to BMW question

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Jays_Z 
#1 ·
I bought a 2005 645 ci with 32k miles on her. I brought her into a BMW dealership to have the key checked. She needed a low-mileage oil change and they changed out the antimicrobial inside air filter. 1st question: it took 2 days to finish service and car was returned filthy since they left it outside in rainstorm (black exterior) Is this normal for service? Question 2: quoted me $795 to do IPOD integration- I have the 6 cd but am willing to give up took 2 days to quote me the price so just checking if that sounds right. Question 3. Most important question, a few hours after getting her out of maintenance my sport button is no longer working, would mechanics have to diconnect or mess with anything concerning dynamic driving control in order to perform regular maintenance? She is in pristine condition and worked perfectly before i handed her over to the shop. I appreciate all the help!!

#2 ·
bring it back and have them fix it and clean it NO CHARGE.... go to a stereo shop to have the ipod integration done(make sure they know what you want done)

#3 ·
easier said than done grasshopper. have you seen the MOST Bus systems on these cars? All fiber optic.

I bought a 2005 645 ci with 32k miles on her. I brought her into a BMW dealership to have the key checked. She needed a low-mileage oil change and they changed out the antimicrobial inside air filter. 1st question: it took 2 days to finish service and car was returned filthy since they left it outside in rainstorm (black exterior) Is this normal for service? Question 2: quoted me $795 to do IPOD integration- I have the 6 cd but am willing to give up took 2 days to quote me the price so just checking if that sounds right. Question 3. Most important question, a few hours after getting her out of maintenance my sport button is no longer working, would mechanics have to diconnect or mess with anything concerning dynamic driving control in order to perform regular maintenance? She is in pristine condition and worked perfectly before i handed her over to the shop. I appreciate all the help!!
First off, welcome. Second, who the hell did you take your car too? That is entirely too long for an oil and microfilter change. So no, that is not normal. And you should have received a clean car. As for the integration, that seems right. You must understand that this includes the part and labor. And in the labor, the unit has to be programmed for the bus system to work properly and recognize it. So it's more than just plugging it in and driving off. (it may not require programing, i just can't remember. so we'll just assume that it does.) As for your sport button, no they would not disconnect it for what they did. Take it back, you have a warranty.

Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.