new to BMW question - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 10:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Perf is on a distinguished road
new to BMW question

I bought a 2005 645 ci with 32k miles on her. I brought her into a BMW dealership to have the key checked. She needed a low-mileage oil change and they changed out the antimicrobial inside air filter. 1st question: it took 2 days to finish service and car was returned filthy since they left it outside in rainstorm (black exterior) Is this normal for service? Question 2: quoted me $795 to do IPOD integration- I have the 6 cd but am willing to give up took 2 days to quote me the price so just checking if that sounds right. Question 3. Most important question, a few hours after getting her out of maintenance my sport button is no longer working, would mechanics have to diconnect or mess with anything concerning dynamic driving control in order to perform regular maintenance? She is in pristine condition and worked perfectly before i handed her over to the shop. I appreciate all the help!!
Perf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

Car: 1976 Benz 300D, 1999 740iL
Photos:
AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
bring it back and have them fix it and clean it NO CHARGE.... go to a stereo shop to have the ipod integration done(make sure they know what you want done)
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
AlpineSixAndSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car: E30 318i, E30 318is, E30 M3
Photos:
dvmotorsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven View Post
bring it back and have them fix it and clean it NO CHARGE.... go to a stereo shop to have the ipod integration done(make sure they know what you want done)
easier said than done grasshopper. have you seen the MOST Bus systems on these cars? All fiber optic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf View Post
I bought a 2005 645 ci with 32k miles on her. I brought her into a BMW dealership to have the key checked. She needed a low-mileage oil change and they changed out the antimicrobial inside air filter. 1st question: it took 2 days to finish service and car was returned filthy since they left it outside in rainstorm (black exterior) Is this normal for service? Question 2: quoted me $795 to do IPOD integration- I have the 6 cd but am willing to give up took 2 days to quote me the price so just checking if that sounds right. Question 3. Most important question, a few hours after getting her out of maintenance my sport button is no longer working, would mechanics have to diconnect or mess with anything concerning dynamic driving control in order to perform regular maintenance? She is in pristine condition and worked perfectly before i handed her over to the shop. I appreciate all the help!!
First off, welcome. Second, who the hell did you take your car too? That is entirely too long for an oil and microfilter change. So no, that is not normal. And you should have received a clean car. As for the integration, that seems right. You must understand that this includes the part and labor. And in the labor, the unit has to be programmed for the bus system to work properly and recognize it. So it's more than just plugging it in and driving off. (it may not require programing, i just can't remember. so we'll just assume that it does.) As for your sport button, no they would not disconnect it for what they did. Take it back, you have a warranty.

Good luck
Old 05-05-2008, 01:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car: BMW 650 on 22'
Photos:
Jays_Z is on a distinguished road
Did you have an appointment or was it a walk in. NO matter whenever you have issues like that take it to the shop forrman. Thats very unusual.
Jays_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper