New 745i out of Taos. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Django is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Django Send a message via MSN to Django Send a message via Yahoo to Django Send a message via Skype™ to Django
(Thread Starter)
New 745i out of Taos.

Whats Up Forums.
Bought this baby 2 weeks now after winning the lottery.
Hoping to upgrade to a 2006 style 750i and getting rid of my 745i.
What do ya'll think? Are the new ones worth the extra money. I also got me a house so I don't want to waste money where i don't have ta.

750 just tinted and lowered!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 04:57 PM
quality

Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
yo what up buddy?!!!
welcome to werkz.

I saw the new 750il and 760il at the dealership for aloooot of money a few week s ago.

I'm guessing you paid cash for your car...since it was the lottery, but your best bet is selling it on ebay and picking up a 750il on ebay...you'll probably trade off 20,000 to 30,000 g's on it.

But you'll have a better looking car.
#3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Neutral Member

Send a message via AIM to Django Send a message via MSN to Django Send a message via Yahoo to Django Send a message via Skype™ to Django
(Thread Starter)
Thanks Del!
My car was a lease down payment. But i may take her back to the dealer anyway and just do the upgrade there.
I just don't want to pay 1/20th of my winnings for a car.

Plus my lady is already gonna get a Lex SUV from me. I gotta put some rims and TVs in whatever I'm driving. I hear the new 760il's come with a chrome rim package...I just saw that on the dealers site.

#4 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 10:29 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Dude, unless you won more than $10 million, save your damn money. The statistics on lottery winners going bankrupt are staggering, and this is why.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 01:18 AM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
close to that much...plus i still kept my job. I park my car everyday next to my boss' 94 Sentra, that is a priceless feeling even though the money made it happen. Watching my boss curse me under his breath is the best feeling and the only reason i still work there. Other than that the money don't matter when you live in the middle of nowhere.

#6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 11:37 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Welcome to werkz. I again ask: Taos, NM? I have been there. I like it. Nice place.

I think the 745i should suffice. It is a nice vehicle already. I have seen the picture in your sig and I think your money can be spent better.

Congratulations on winning the lottery. I hope you are not paying cash for all these things. The best thing would be do put in a good down payment, and then put your money to work, so that you make more money than you lose by paying interest.

I do not what your profession is, but I would suggest that while you can afford it, you leave your job for a short while and go to school. Study something in business, economics, finance, or a related field. You can explain your situation to an adviser at a university and they can tell you what currciculum can best help you learn how to take good care of your money. I am sure you shall be able to afford the best of educations. You may already have 3 PhD's, so I apologize if in any way my advice was perceived as bellitering.

Once again, welcome to werk. Show us some pics of your car, and enjoy the BMW life.

#7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
thanks i put pictures in gallery.
i'm getting a 750i and a 3 series this weekend.

is there a new convertible for the 2006 3 series?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper