Need help with bmw 750iL 88 model - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 05:49 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dark31 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation Need help with bmw 750iL 88 model

ive just bought a e32 750il with the m70 v12 in it. i wanna know how do u opperate the esm gearbox button. i just wanna know if mine is broken cause i cant work it. and in the airfilter box is the O2 sensor in it. cause i wanna change them for 2 pods. and ideas or is it better to just put a perfomance straight filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 06:22 PM
3rd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bear is an unknown quantity at this point
1988 750

Well the E-S-M switch is pretty straight forward. In E, Econmy mode the car goes through all gears and ends up in Overdrive. In S (sport) the shift points are raised to give quicker acceleration. In M, Manual, you select the gear (1-2-3). Sliding the E-S-M switch will change modes and the mode will appear on your instrument cluster. If in any mode except E, pushing the depression in the center of the switch will take you back to E. The oxygen sensors are located in the catalytic convertors (they screw in) and you will need to drop the forward part of the exhaust system to access the sensors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper