1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini CooperGeneral Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.
Hi,I'm a new owner of an 1988 735i BMW. I just bought it at an auction and I don't understand some of the controls.
1. What is the S,E,M switch by the shifter stand for and do?
2. Why does the temp. display unit say -37 degrees, and how do I fix/control it?
3. How do I fix my gas guage, it only goes to 1/2 full?
4. What do the German messages in the dash mean?
5. Is there any way I can pull the trouble codes by turning the ignition on and off a number of times?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, George.
__________________ 1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded I am Captain Obvious
Last edited by AlpineSixAndSeven; 05-25-2008 at 01:13 PM.
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.