mad - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hrx7wood is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
mad

well here it goes,had brake problem,cooked my brakes coming home.ordered new rotors,pads, brake lines sensors.all installed went to bleed no flow to rear brakes.8 days of trying all i could.now no pressure to brakes,blew all the lines out with air,no clogs.now i'm pissed.brake booster or what?i'm at my wits end.o my car is a 2000 740i,need response,tired of driving daughters car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrx7wood View Post
well here it goes,had brake problem,cooked my brakes coming home.ordered new rotors,pads, brake lines sensors.all installed went to bleed no flow to rear brakes.8 days of trying all i could.now no pressure to brakes,blew all the lines out with air,no clogs.now i'm pissed.brake booster or what?i'm at my wits end.o my car is a 2000 740i,need response,tired of driving daughters car.
Question? How did you end up cooking your brakes in the first place? Did you figure that out.......

jb

#3 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 11:52 PM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kai
^ +1. That would be helpful. Sorry to here you are having trouble.

#4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Another question? When you finished installing new pads, new rotors, & wear sensors....
Why did you decide to bleed the brakes? Was it because the brake peadal was low & if so, this why maybe you had no pressure to rear brakes.......if your brake peadal did not come up after bleeding......that means the brake master cylinder is bad.......there is a piston inside the master cylinder with O-rings (seals) that push the brake fluid out to the front & rear brake calipers......when the seals go bad.......the fluid leaks past them & right back into the master cylinder resivoir & not to the brake calipers....can you explain exactly what you have done?

jb

Last edited by johnnyBgood; 10-16-2009 at 12:28 AM.
#5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 03:14 AM
1st Gear Member

coolvegase34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not to hijack this poor guy's thread, but do you bleed the lines before you put in new pads and rotors? Is this a tough job, replacing rotors and pads on an e34, or can a mechanically inclined guy doo it in his garage within 1-2 hours. Pricewise, the parts are going to cost me 150 and my labor vs 495 at the bmw indy for my rear brakes. Advice?
#6 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 05:10 AM
4th Gear Member

carguy13 is on a distinguished road

+1 on the bad master cylinder idea.

#7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 05:21 AM
Help from over the pond

marti5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvegase34 View Post
Not to hijack this poor guy's thread, but do you bleed the lines before you put in new pads and rotors? Is this a tough job, replacing rotors and pads on an e34, or can a mechanically inclined guy doo it in his garage within 1-2 hours. Pricewise, the parts are going to cost me 150 and my labor vs 495 at the bmw indy for my rear brakes. Advice?
Its a diy job if your a mechanically minded, I can do mine in less than an hour easily....there is no need to bleed the brakes for a rotor/disc or pad change.

VELVET BLUE UK INDIVIDUAL , IM THE LAST
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

I stepped in a plate of Pasta the other day - now I have to worry about my Carbonara footprint!
#8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 06:50 AM
4th Gear Member

carguy13 is on a distinguished road
damn, an hour...that's good time.

i took me at least 2 hours to get my tires off...

well they were rusted on there so bad the rust would support the weight of the entire car...

#9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 07:05 AM
1st Gear Member

coolvegase34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks marti5 for the info. I have no rust or imperfections on my ride. The only problem with getting the tires off is they are machine tightened and I will be man-torquing them off.
#10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 10:28 AM
n00b

hrx7wood is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
while driving home saw smoke from rear pulled over and saw thatmy rear brake rotors were rather red hot and throwing out a little fire.able to squash flames and let cool.then embaressing towed home.have been trying to bleed but no good,blew outline many times by diconecting hard lines and using air compressor.get flow from one line to passenger side on the abs module,not sure what it is ,but all the lines go to it.so now i'm stuck on what to do.using bav auto bleeder but doesn't seem to push threw.need help, want my car back,tired of daughters ford escape.
#11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 10:37 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
The back brakes seem to be stuck as if constantly braking I think. What's the condition of the parking brake and its cable?

BMW

Sig by zeaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper