important question - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 05:09 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mathew raps is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Angry important question

guyz i have a 2004 bmw 730d..
recently the butterfly valve of my car came of badly damaging the engine
now as u all now even if small problem occurs u are immediatley given a warning by the car.But in my case i was given no warning that the the butterfly valve was loose and eventually one day it came of badly damaging the engine and while the butterfly valve came of i was still not given any warning on the cars screen except of the fact that my car was making loud sound but still as i wasnt give any warning i decided to go ahead as i was on my way home which was another 1kilometer ahead.i immediatley called the bmw guyz who took away my car and later told me that the butterfly valve of your car has come of causing huge damage to the car.my car has been always serviced on time by bmw and i have a whole history of it so do i have the oppurtunity to sue bmw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 07:21 AM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
Welcome to the Werkz. Good luck with the issue, I've got no idea if this is a know or common issue with that model. What is BMW reporting the damage and repair cost to be?
#3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 07:33 AM
n00b

mathew raps is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
the pistons the cylinders nearly everything in the bloody engine has been damaged.they havent told me the total cost but i am sure its gonna cost more than half of the price of the car
#4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Help from over the pond

marti5 is on a distinguished road
The 730d can suffer turbo failure ,Also inlet manifold swirl actuators can break off and be ingested by the engine necessitating a new engine at enormous cost.
Im afraid your problem isnt unheard of, a lot of BMW diesels suffer the same fate, and BMW know about it, but no recall was ever issued, you could seek legal advice as I suppose your case could be it should have been checked at every service but the problem being there's no proof it was or wasnt..I think your looking a new engine or 2nd hand one to be honest as my experience of BMW they dont do rebuilds they just replace...so maybe you could get the engine rebuilt elsewhere it would cost a lot less than a new one for sure.

VELVET BLUE UK INDIVIDUAL , IM THE LAST
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

I stepped in a plate of Pasta the other day - now I have to worry about my Carbonara footprint!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper