BMW Werkz banner

I'm planning on fixing my 740iL - ADVICE/HELP?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Starmavin 
#1 ·
Right. I have a 1995 740iL. It has done 153000 miles.

The first night I got it, the power steering pump spat out all p/s fluid. The pump whined when I bought the car. I then drove 30miles on the highway tp get more p/s fluid.

It overheated in London traffic on the second day, due to the radiator leaking.

My self-levelling suspension hoses also corroded away.

I have just submitted a request for second hand parts prices to the parts gateway. Is it OK to replace the RADIATOR, POWER STEERING PUMP, SELF-LEVELLING SUSPENSION HOSES AND SELF LEVELLING SUSPENSION REGULATOR with secondhand parts?

Also, how do I install these things myself, as the mechanincs in my town charge WAY too much! I can get all the parts for under 300 pounds.

#2 ·
There is nothing wrong with second hand parts, so long as the parts are in good shape and you trust the seller. The radiator is easy, and you can change the power steering pump when you change the radiator (it'll make it easier) Jack stands and a jack will make it go smothly. The self leveling hoses may be a pain to change, if you can get them used. I'd advise buying a bentley manual, pricy but it's the best you can get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.