help - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 08:48 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hrx7wood is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
help

Well here i go,i have come up on a couple codes,they reflect how my car runs at the minute.the codes are 1351 and 0205.Looking them up it says a misfire cylinder 5 with fuel cut off,then the other is injector circuit malfunction.So now that i know this,how and what do i need to do to fix this problem.any help would be deeply apreciated.Also any one in the south Puget Sound area with knowledge or know of a good mech,other than Rolph's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 09:51 PM
n00b

LRod is on a distinguished road
Definitely sounds like you might definitely have a bad injector. Can you tell us what car you have? What year, model, etc etc??? The injector could account for a misfire and the bad injector might possibly be linked to a injector circuit malfunction. The misfire might also be caused by bad plugs, but I think these two might be related. If you are good with electronics, you might go at it, otherwise I would let an experienced tech do the job.
#3 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 10:40 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
well the car is a 2000,740i sport.i have replaced all the injectors and plugs and coils with a list of alot of other parts,so i'm caught off guard on this one.
#4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 11:01 PM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
What were the issues you were addressing initially by changing the coils and injectors?

Is it possible you have mixed the plug leads up in the changing process? (muddled firing order)

Were the injectors new or refurbished?

Can you hear each injector activating? Get a long screwdriver, put the pointy end on the injector and the handle in your ear, it helps isolate each individual injectors sound from everything else going on under the hood.

Riding in style
#5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 10:17 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
well i was in the mood to buy new parts ,i get impulsive and start replacing things.the start of my problem was that the car was having a cranking problem with no start.so i went on a mission and started replacing parts.first my coils ,then plugs ,refurb injectors,crank and cam sensors.fuel pump,fuel filter,while i was at it i also did my brakes ,steel brake lines ,rotors pads and all the power steering hoses.i might be missing some things but i think thats it.still having the cranking and starting problem,now i get a fault code 1351 and a 20505,witch leads to injector fault on #5 injector,so now i'm stuck.car runs fine ,it's just idle is now ruff.witch indicates.so now whatdo i do?
#6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 10:25 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
What's the condition of the intake air duct?

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 06:44 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
wow, what do mean by intake air duct?
#8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 10:02 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
The tubing or ducts from the air filter to the manifold. It may need to be checked for cracks.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 08:42 AM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
I'd be checking the intake rubbers that are between the Air Mass Sensor and the intake manifold. If you still have your old injectors, try swapping out number 5 and see if the symptoms or errors change. Depending on how sharp your hearing is, can you hear any high pitched whistle (air intake leaks), if so can you isolate the source?

Riding in style
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper