Fuel Pump Relay - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2005, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
mrclean is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, on my 85 735i I'm trying to jump out the fuel pump relay because in order to test the injectors I need pressure in the lines. However, it tells me to jump out pins 30 and 87 on the relay, but the book doesn't tell me where it is located, so....I'm wondering if anyone here knows where that is located and possibly have a diagram, because I want to know if I have a bad injector before monday, and to see if my bad vaccum line has been causing all my problems that I found upon tearing the whole fuel system apart. I know I should have found it earlier, but I just found the one under the throttle assembly when i was pulling off the fuel rail. So any replies are appreciated.
mrclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2005, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
bryan1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
why not just crank the engine? is ther something preventing you to do that? it just seems like that would be an easier route to get pressure in the lines. and by bad injector are you looking for a leaking injector or just one that doesn't work period?

but to give you help on your question i don't know exaclty which one it is but i think the relay is in the fuse block under the hood.
bryan1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 08:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
Im asssuming you cannot crank the engine because you are removing the fuel rail and are going to do a leakdown test on the injectors correct? Here is a picture of the location for the fuel pump relay but the picture is very poor. I cannot seem to find a diagram for the circuit but if worse comes to worse then you can just power up the fuel pump directly. Also in case I do find a schematic, what transmission do you have, auto or standard?

DT
Attached Thumbnails
Fuel Pump Relay-location.jpg  

Dirty_Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
I don't want to crank the engine because when I was pulling 2 of the injectors out I believe the little plastic cap on the end of the injector tip came off and fell into the hole, so I don't want to lose it to the compression of the cylinder. 4 of them still had the cap but 2 didn't, so I want to possibly pull of the intake and see if it fell in. Is this cap on the end of the injector important, or is it just a heat protector that won't affect performance. I want to check all the injectors before I go and pull off the intake. I'm checking for a leaky injector, and one that is either plugged or just plain not working, because i've been having a misfire problem that was not solved by cap, rotor, wires and plugs, but they did help. But I'm still having bogging down problems, a fairly stable but rough idle, and it sometimes misfires even at higher rpms. i already checked compression and it was fine, so I don't suspect a head gasket problem, so I'm checking the injectors to see if one is all gummed up or firing improperly. Oh, and Also, its a manual, I wouldn't have gotten it without it.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Thank you for that diagram, exactly what I needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper