BMW Werkz banner

ewww, 6 series

4K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  xo4ox 
#1 ·
i just saw the new bmw 6 series..it doesnt even look like a bmw...it looks like a mercedes almost..what is bmw thinking?

#2 ·
IMO I think the 6 series looks pretty good, i like the coupe way more then the convert. and if u get the sweet 19 inch wheels it looks sweet.

#11 ·
What are they thinking?

How can we release a car which looks aggressive, purposeful and gorgeous without making it look really overwhelming? We'll make it quite restrained and keep the styling subtle.

I say forget subtle........ get a schnitzer or hamann:

Attachments

#12 ·
I like the 6...in fact, it was the first Bangle design that I liked immediately. It took me awhile to warm up to the 5 (which I now think is a piece of art), and I still don't care for the 7 all that much, but I loved the 6 right away. I know styling is subjective, but...take a look at the picture Bmw1990 posted...how can you not love that? ;)

#18 ·
The new six series looks like FUCKING ASS. I hate the damn thing. Bmw fucked up on it. They should have taken more from the body style of the old 6.

They looked SO much better.

#19 ·
i just rode in the new 6-series tonight. now matter how it looks on the outside, it is the nicest car i have ever ridden in, even in terms of performance. the attention to driver involvement and needs is insane. (ride in one...youll see...) they have a nice side profile, but they do have that ugly 7-series trunk. the front doesnt look that bad though. just remember, bmw like any other car company, always wants the highest sales possible. while this will please us forum members with the quality and handling of bmw's, many people buying these new bmw's have deep pockets, and many have quite empty brains when it comes to a car's performance.

what doest bmw do?

they please us with the performace and please them with the looks!

:p

#20 ·
In a modern day line up of 5 and 7 series....... where would a 6 series staying true to older styling cues fit in? Nowhere.

The big coupe generates quite a reaction doesn't it?

The tail does look a little strange........ until you lift up the boot and the lines suddenly look very familiar. Check it out and see what you think. :D

#22 ·
i personally LOVE the new six it is truly a BMW :driving

#24 ·
I think the new 6 will look better in M form. I liked it at first, but strangely enough I have kind of grown apart from it. I don't really like the wheels, and I think it just looks too big. The M should be bad ass though, 550 BHP is the rumor.

#25 ·
I don't know about the power claims.... I've heard that the 5 litre V10 will be transplanted but I don't know about squeezing another 50 bhp out of it.

#26 ·
The tail does look a little strange........ until you lift up the boot and the lines suddenly look very familiar.
i know what you mean, the driver showed me that little secret. :wink

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.