BMW Werkz banner

E65 iDrive

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  SSNW1610 
#1 ·
I'm hoping to draw on the experience of your wider audience, as there seems to be a shortage of E65 owners in the United Kingdom forum.

My 730d Sport has been recalled for a Service Campaign requiring a software reload. Coincidentally, a few days ago, the NAV and BMW Assist functions became non-operational, and the radio and control monitor now keep switching on and off.

The vehicle has now been with the dealer for 3 days. They say the software reload keeps crashing, and they have no idea how long it will take to correct the problem. This infers they don't know HOW to fix the problem. So much for the sophisticated diagnostics!

Does anyone have related experience with their E65? Mine is an early 2004 build.

Also, the NAV map (when it's working) regularly shows a bullseye symbol, which appears as a black dot, surrounded by two concentric black circles. When arriving at a relevant location, there's nothing obvious to see. Does anyone know what this represents? The dealer doesn't know, and Navteq told me they only supply the map data, so I should ask the dealer!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.