E65 iDrive - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 09:25 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SSNW1610 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I'm hoping to draw on the experience of your wider audience, as there seems to be a shortage of E65 owners in the United Kingdom forum.

My 730d Sport has been recalled for a Service Campaign requiring a software reload. Coincidentally, a few days ago, the NAV and BMW Assist functions became non-operational, and the radio and control monitor now keep switching on and off.

The vehicle has now been with the dealer for 3 days. They say the software reload keeps crashing, and they have no idea how long it will take to correct the problem. This infers they don't know HOW to fix the problem. So much for the sophisticated diagnostics!

Does anyone have related experience with their E65? Mine is an early 2004 build.

Also, the NAV map (when it's working) regularly shows a bullseye symbol, which appears as a black dot, surrounded by two concentric black circles. When arriving at a relevant location, there's nothing obvious to see. Does anyone know what this represents? The dealer doesn't know, and Navteq told me they only supply the map data, so I should ask the dealer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper