Differences between euro 635 and US 633 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 07:22 AM
For Teh Walrus?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to WALSRU Send a message via MSN to WALSRU
(Thread Starter)
Differences between euro 635 and US 633

From a performance standpoint I'm trying to find out the differences between these cars. Most places such as bavauto, bmpdesign, and turner only show parts for the 633. So I wanted to make sure most of it is interchangeable. Would a cam for a 633 fit an 80 635? Are the shocks, springs, and sways the same across the model range? Motronic didn't occur until 82, would I need adjustable fuel meter/calibrator to do the same job as a chip on a later car? Also, I just read the pre 82 had four pot front calipers and all vented discs : .

*deep breath* . . . Any ideas?

"I would not know what the spirit of a philosopher might wish more to be than a good dancer."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

1980 635csi Euro . . . Current
1985 535i . . . Soon to be parted out
2001 Subaru Forester . . . DD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 12:22 AM
n00b

Aaronl is on a distinguished road
diferences

I have a 79 635 csi euro Most parts are interchangeable. Bavauto can cross reference. currently changing my rear wheel bearings and their the same. shocks and springs were the same. my front discs are not drilled yes on the 4 piston caliper. Hard parts are some of the body and trim parts like the rear rubber spoiler.
#3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 05:06 PM
n00b

lawman6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post 1979 635 Euro technical information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronl View Post
I have a 79 635 csi euro Most parts are interchangeable. Bavauto can cross reference. currently changing my rear wheel bearings and their the same. shocks and springs were the same. my front discs are not drilled yes on the 4 piston caliper. Hard parts are some of the body and trim parts like the rear rubber spoiler.
Would anyone happen to have some tune up information on this car. I'm looking for the fuel pressure range and the ECU pin outs.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks.
#4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Pandemonium Director

nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to nukeduster Send a message via MSN to nukeduster
hello old thread res...

the m30 motor uses a 3 bar FMU from what i recall. ecu pinouts? buy/download a bentleys.

#5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 01:55 AM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
BigCoupe.com - The Ultimate 6-Series Website been a member there for awhile BTW I am parting a 87 635CSi

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper