BMW Werkz banner

Dash lights out on MZ3....

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  lwebb12 
#1 ·
My dash lights went out after a valet dude drove my car. They agreed to pay for the damage, but i was wondering if it's a simple fix. I've already checked all the fuses and looked for shorts. My shift knob was loose and the guy pulled it off on accident and then tried to jam it back on. When he did that the two wires for the shift knob got pinched together. Everything else on the car works fine. It's only the orange instrument panel lights and the console lights that don't work. Any help would be awesome.

#2 ·
Ok, nevermind. I found someone else that posted the exact same problem. It's the rheostat in the headlight switch. When you short the shift knob wires together it burns it out or some shit. http://www.pelicanbbs.com/posts/93293.htm . It took me four hours to find the info though. If anyone else has this problem, check out the link above. This is the link for the install of the rheostat:unofficialbmw.com/ronstygar.html :cheers

#3 ·
welcome and thanks for the info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.