Convertible Top - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 10:02 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ryan1994mustang is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
my dad just bought a 97 z3 and went to pick it up in pennsylvania. while on his way back he stopped in maryland for the night and tried putting the top down and it was cold outside and the back window cracked. he has to replace it, but are there any special tricks that you need to know before you put it in, or is it a fairly easy job. i know i replaced the whole top on my mustang, but we were hoping it would be a little bit easier with this because it is zippered in. thanks for any help you can give.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 09:00 AM
3rd Gear Member

///Matt is an unknown quantity at this point
I would say that it is pretty easy. If there are any short-cuts or tricks, i certainly dont know them....Just be sure that the seal is perfect, any error there and you'll end up having more problems than you started with.

Good Luck!
#3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 03:25 PM
n00b

morr1oz is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 2001 Z3 and I replaced my rear window. I don't want to say its hard to replace because it really just zips in and than you push the fabric down. The hardest part is getting to the window to replace it. You have to sit inside the car and hold it up and try to zip this thing. It can be a real pain in the butt to do. Easier with two people.

What you want to be careful about is, there is a zipper on the window and a zipper on the fabric. If you mess the zipper on the fabric up you are screwed, it makes it so hard to get back together.

Be careful and patient use good light and you should be goood.

Also, this guy on ebay sells them for $150.00 just like the factory ones.

2001 BMW Z3
3.0i straight 6 engine
M badge series
Sports package
Winter package
Luxery package
Hard top
Wind deflector

Add ons:
Dinan cold air intake, Dinan software, Dinan High Flow Throttle Body, Dinan stage 2 suspension upgrade, Dinan Strut Tower Brace, 18 inch wheels, and don't forget the fancy pedals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper