Bucks and Dies...1888 Code - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
chazzone is on a distinguished road
Bucks and Dies...1888 Code

'89 735i, hard cold start, but runs flawlessly most of the time. Will occassionally buck and eventually die. The "mileage guage" will go to zero while this is happening. After she sets will usually restart and run fine. Although the last time, she went into "limp mode" and I had to disconnect the battery for her to run right again.

I get an 1888 code (yeah I know that code doesn't exist, but I find it mentioned on every BMW forum somewhere).

My mechanic checked the fuel pressure (fine). I installed a new fuel filter. Checked for vacuum leaks, and vacuum is good normally (although the "mileage guage" would suggest there is an issue there)

When we get some decent weather, I guess I'll start with the tank and work my way forward, but if anyone has had a similar issue, I'd love to see how you solved it.

Thanks,

-zz
chazzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper